Bridge ??
cinjee
May 7, 2012 in Photo Questions
Hi Richard,
I have a dry river bed in my yard and was wondering where I might find a bridge as the one you have used in this picture. love it!
Richard Kramer
Cinjee, The bridge is simple and it was custom made on site by myself. It is made from 2x12 redwood boards with an arc cut to create the rise of the bridge. The the planks are 2x6 redwood attached with screws or nails with bamboo inserted between the redwood planks. The bamboo pieces are about 1.5-2" in diameter. The bamboo is nail gunned in place with 16G finish nails. Redwood is allowed to grey out, no finish treatment used. Top strips are 2" redwood ripped thin, about 3/8" thick so they can bend easily. Attached inboard about 1.5 " from the edge. Bridge width is about 3' and length is 6-7' long. Rise is about 11". Hope this helps.
May 7, 2012 at 7:51pm     
cinjee
Thanks so much Richard. I really love your design on this yard, it's beautiful.
May 8, 2012 at 6:30am   
Jerry Meyers
How did you make the arc??????
June 27, 2012 at 2:58am   
Custom Home Planning Center
I do arched garden bridges with 3/4" pressure trt. plywood. Laminate, glue and screw the plywood after you've cut the plywood to the height and curve you need for the bridge truss. Lengths under 8' are best as longer takes lapping joints to create a stable bridge truss. You then use 3/8 Trt. plywood laminated for the bridge deck. I cover the deck with water proof membrane roofing and add the appearance deck. (wood, concrete, plaster or stone keeping in mind the higher the arch the more you should use a rougher non slip material.)
August 12, 2012 at 9:28am     
living room
Need to pop some color, like baby blue, tans, and maybe...
Exterior Paint Help!!! Save our House!!!
I am feeling lost! I need to know what colors to use...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Kitchen Backsplash - Help Needed!
Any suggestions for a kitchen backsplash? The cabinets...