What is the width of cabinets in corner, is there enough space to open without hitting range hood?
slwslw
May 9, 2012 in Photo Questions
I am putting a 30 ' range/range hood close to a corner, and I'm concerned about the protrusion of the range hood, as well as, the corner looking cramped/crowded by the range hood.
Chr DAUER Architects
The upper cabinets that flank the range hood are about 12" wide (slightly less because of 2" corner scribe @ far right side and 3/4" side/end panel @ far left.
The upper cabinet doors swing away from the hood.
Ideally there would be more room at the sides of the range and hood (say 24" minimum on each side) but this was a super tiny house with very tight tolerances so we eeked out every last inch we could. The biggest challenge was finding under-cabinet light fixtures that fit within the underside of these skinny cabinets (allowing uniform task lighting at the counter surfaces).
May 9, 2012 at 3:37pm   
slwslw
Thanks! What about the other cabinet in the "L", the one next to the one flanking the hood, does it bump the hood when opened? (Sorry, I didn't describe this well before)! Thanks.
May 9, 2012 at 3:41pm   
Chr DAUER Architects
Now I understand, if I remember correctly we made the adjacent upper cabinet doors unequal widths so the one closest to the corner just squeaked past the range hood without hitting it, and the door closest to the sink was slightly wider than usual
May 9, 2012 at 3:49pm   
slwslw
Thank you! And great looking kitchen! It's nice to see good options for small spaces.
May 9, 2012 at 4:03pm   
janellos
what about the drawers in the base on the right? do they bump the oven handle?
September 21, 2013 at 7:18pm   
Chr DAUER Architects
All lower cabinets have approx. 3" scribes so there is no conflict with drawer and adjacent drawers ( or in this case, oven door handle)
September 21, 2013 at 8:40pm   
Stair runner - thoughts?
Hi - I would love some feedback on this runner. The...
Decorate this room/ accent wall color? Curtains?
Hello! We just moved from a 1bdrm apt. to a 4 bdrm...
Kitchen backsplash horror
Not happy with how this backsplash turned out so much....
Fireplace wall design/styling help needed
I need help! What can I do to improve the look of this...
Can't decide on a backsplash with a busy granite
I have a busy granite ( Mokoro ) ( geriba ) Is a busy...