Help with choosing master bathroom vanity!
lex38
I am building a house and need some help with my master bathroom vanity. I want to put the beautiful piece of furniture pictured here in my bathroom. The fixtures will be white. What type of vanity should I put in my bathroom that will complement this piece of furniture? I think something white would work, but I'd rather a wood tone. Should I try to match the dark wood? What style? I am not sure what tile I will be using but am considering grey slate. The furniture piece has a marble top. Thanks!
michigammemom
I imagine your beautiful bureau in a traditional bath like this.

May 10, 2012 at 7:33AM   
lusporrer
Love your dresser. Looks to be walnut and I love the bamboo inspired corners. I like the idea of doing your vanity in a wood tone; I would stay on the same shade that being a walnut or mahogany... but perhaps the lines of the vanity should be simpler, maybe a bit more modern in style. You certainly don't want to take the focus off of such a beautiful piece. Good luck!
May 10, 2012 at 9:21AM   
Bond Girl
You obviously love this piece, and I can see why. So let it be the star! If you put other similarly toned cabinets in the bathroom, this will get lost with the others. If you don't like white cabinets, consider light grey or a light sage cabinet. Rather than using the bamboo as the design element you tie into your vanity, use the square lines of the mirror (at least what I can see seems to be square lines).
May 10, 2012 at 9:35AM   
Barnhart Gallery
Why is that I always seem to be saying, "Oh I have that..." My master bath, which I designed in the '90's and is just as classic today, uses this tone of wood with white fixtures, and I have incorporated some hefty non-bath pieces in a similar style and wood tone. Loved it then, love it still.

Because my floor is a mahogany (engineered product in the case of the bath) and the counter is a dark burl, my double sink cabs are white, but over the white Jacuzzi is a towering dark cherry piece that's quite special. Other furnishings follow suit. It always gets a wow.
May 10, 2012 at 2:49PM   
Need help choosing vanity stain color for master and kids bath
I am remodeling the bathrooms in our house and using...
Need help choosing wall and floor tile for master bathroom
We are remodeling our master bathroom and pretty much...
Need help choosing paint color for my master bathroom
I'm working on my master bathroom and can't pick a...
Need help choosing a color for oak bathroom vanities
I have black granite top with small silver chips. We...
Need help choosing a finish for bathroom vanity light
So, the faucets are brushed nickel, the knobs on the...
Calling all mid century modern enthusiasts!
Well, I tried to gather interest in my local area for...
Advice on refinishing kitchen cabinets with chalk paint
I had a GC come by to give me a quote on refinishing...
Tile size
We want to use porcelain tile on a new garage floor...
I have giallo veneziano counter tops and need a compatible backsplash
do you have any advice on a tumbled honed color preferably...
Large Folding Doors
We have been thinking about using the Panoramic Doors...