Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tookien

Help -blank slate for a kitchen...almost

tookien
9 years ago
We have inherited a large group of cabinets but don't necessarily have to use them. Looking for ideas on how to finish this almost blank slate of a kitchen.
The setting is a complete floor up remodel of a large fishing lodge in a Colorado high mountain valley.

Comments (11)

• lucidos
    9 years ago
    Put the short uppers above the sink then stack the tall cabinets one ontop of the other next to the fridge for a pantry. I don't have a clear image on that midsized upper cabinet.

Who will be using the space? Is this a small hotel or bed and breakfast or a private home?
  • tookien
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    It's a private home now but our retirement plan includes selling "Stay and Fish" weekend packages.
    So you think we can find a way to make these cabinets work?
  • lucidos
    9 years ago
    Oh, anything can work..This is a wonderful space. Can you possibly give us a better image of all the cabinets you have not figured into the stove run?

The master light switch wall looks like it would be able to convert to smart home.
  • tookien
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    The house will be on full solar next spring. It is a huge project! Here are the rest of the cabinets not already in line. The only thing I don't have a pic of is the ones that are already deployed in the wine tasting room.
  • lucidos
    9 years ago
    Are the 2 smaller cabinets the same size?

Free yes, you are 1000% correct but I think these could be painted white and lots and lots of stainless industrial incorporated. After all free is a good thing.
  • tookien
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    If we kept the stainless industrial vibe going, would you do anything to cover the pipes under the sink, put tile behind there or just baseboards?
  • PRO
    Interior Affairs -- Vickie Daeley
    9 years ago
    You can close that space in the middle with a great island.
  • lucidos
    9 years ago
    You could make a skirt around the sink in wainscot. The thing is you would want to marry the 2 looks. For instance if the 2 smaller cabinets are the same size put them just above the lights at the sink with the stainless shelves and a rack for hanging utensils and pans in between. I would move the stove so that it was off that front area. Use a large stainless countertop on the front row where the stove currently is so stools could be added on the other side. Again we need a basic floor plan to work it out to make any sense. Check local auctions for restaurants that are selling off their old items.

Some more images to ponder.
  • tookien
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I love the idea of incorporating stainless. It never dawned on me to go that direction. Narrowmindedly I just thought we would go a more rustic look. Headed out there for the weekend and I can't wait to share all your ideas with my husband.
    Thank you all. This is a huge project for us so there will be many other posts and pleas for guidance.
  • lucidos
    9 years ago
    Looking forward to it!! This will be great fun. Enjoy the weekend and hope to hear more in the weeks to come.