House fassade in planning
Ellen
Hello! Our house in planning needs a face. Attached is a drawing. Just wondering what you might suggest. We need to decide on roof color, and overall fassade/color scheme-shutters, brick, shingles, house door color, etc. Would appreciate any input. Thank you!
Hi Ellen, Is there a particular style you are after?
0 Likes   May 16, 2012 at 1:16PM
Spinriver Design ltd
Hi Ellen. It would be good to know what is surrounding the house in terms of local materials etc to get a context for the building and a feel for the surroundings. For example do lots of other buildings have slate rooves, are they rendered and painted or do they have exposed brickwork.
0 Likes   May 16, 2012 at 1:55PM
Joseph I. Mycyk Architects, Inc.
Hi Ellen,

I see you're in Germany. As I am not, I am at somewhat of a disadvantage. However, I suggest you set what your budget is and then work with a local Architect and/or builder as different materials will affect cost of construction differently.

You can definitely find many examples on Houzz.com for just about any specific item for your home, interior and exterior.

Good Luck, have fun with it!
0 Likes   May 16, 2012 at 1:58PM
The exterior of your home has a contemporary feel. I would go with a bold color either on the main color of the house or use as accents.
0 Likes   May 17, 2012 at 5:28AM
Ellen
Hi Emily, I like cape cod, shingle style or part modern or a mixture of those. In my fascade Ideabook you can see I have collected pictures of styles with similar architecture to what we are planning.
0 Likes   May 24, 2012 at 6:37AM
Ellen
Hi Rachel,
This area is zoned to have pitched roofs like ours and clay shingle roofs of any style. The 7 houses in this row have large trees bordering the south yard and then comes the Sport field and it is flat. The houses in the area mostly have plaster finish in white, pale yellow, gray/white (common and likely required fascade iin Germany) but you can add brick or wood or color accents. I hope this helps.
0 Likes   May 24, 2012 at 6:44AM
portpiro
There are lots of websites with interactive tools for choosing colours for your exterior. You choose a colour for the roof, the trim, the walls and the garage door and then change it around til you get a combination you like. A lot of roofing material suppliers have this on their websites. Colorbond is one of them but I am sure there are German suppliers with the same tool. It's great fun playing around with all the different choices.
0 Likes   May 24, 2012 at 6:55AM
houssaon
Very interesting that it is "zoned" to have pitched roofs, clay shingle "of any style" and a "required" facade. Sounds a bit restrictive, but I believe "when in Rome, do as the Romans do." Especially with big investment like a house.
0 Likes   May 24, 2012 at 7:00AM
Ellen
Hi Houssaon, Well, maybe zoned is the wrong term, they basically have guidelines that these (21) newly built homes stay within a reasonable range of style. Clay roofing in Germany could be for environmental reasons the standard, not sure but since I don't come from Germany, this is all new to me.
0 Likes   May 24, 2012 at 7:07AM
Ellen
Thanks portpiro, will have a look at Colorbond.
0 Likes   May 24, 2012 at 7:10AM
Small living room
I have a very small living room (only 3 walls) that's...
Need ideas for a Nightstand to work with an Ergo adjustable bed.
I have a client who has an Ergo Tempurpedic adjustable...
Our exterior brick
Our exterior brick is ugly...commercial brown brick....
Curb appeal help!
We bought this house last fall. We love the corner...
Need help for my Bedroom decorating
Hello houzzer =) I'd like to hear your advice for...