Storm door
love2sail
May 16, 2012 in Photo Questions
I would like to paint my front door red however I have a storm door. We plan to replace the storm door, should I paint the storm to match the door? The house is a white colonial with black shutters. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!
inkwitch
To be frank, unless you leave your front door hanging open during the day and you want to keep out bugs, there really isn't any point to a storm door. Leave it off.
May 16, 2012 at 7:57PM   
love2sail
It seems like there is quite a bit of space between the storm and the door, it may look strange without it, like its missing...It won't be flush with the exterior.. I love how colonials look without them and we don't use this door very often.
May 16, 2012 at 8:03PM   
phiwwy
I too would love a red front door, but we are getting a new storm and it doesn't come in a decent red. I like the storm to match the front door (otherwise the door looks small). We like to keep the front door open for the light so we are going with a black door and black storm. Oh well....
May 16, 2012 at 8:03PM   
love2sail
My door is currently black, I was hoping for a change but black looks stunning too, just more serious. We bought the house last year and a red door would be a nice change to make it our own...
May 16, 2012 at 8:06PM   
houssaon
Generally, I like it when storm doors are painted the same color as the front door. It helps to make it disapear. However if you get a really good one with a white or black factory finish, you might just want to leave it that way.
May 16, 2012 at 8:13PM   
Waterfront Interiors
A black door is always stunning! If you have to use a storm, use a black one to match, or try a retractable screen door, such as Phantom. This would give the best of both worlds.
May 17, 2012 at 5:43AM     
mulligan123
Like the entry door
October 27, 2013 at 6:47PM   
Help needed!
Any ideas on how to makeover this 1960's tiled fireplace...
help with contemporary update to this traditional exterior
traditional exterior home renovation with contemporary...
What kind of couch would look good in this room?
I have tried to put 2 different couches in this room...
New house, HUGE design challenge w/ front entry.
What do I put on this massive wall. I don't plan on...
Modern landscape ideas that work in Denver Colorado
I know this is pretty generic but I'm looking for ideas...