Storm door
love2sail
May 16, 2012 in Photo Questions
I would like to paint my front door red however I have a storm door. We plan to replace the storm door, should I paint the storm to match the door? The house is a white colonial with black shutters. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!
inkwitch
To be frank, unless you leave your front door hanging open during the day and you want to keep out bugs, there really isn't any point to a storm door. Leave it off.
0 Likes   May 16, 2012 at 7:57PM
love2sail
It seems like there is quite a bit of space between the storm and the door, it may look strange without it, like its missing...It won't be flush with the exterior.. I love how colonials look without them and we don't use this door very often.
0 Likes   May 16, 2012 at 8:03PM
phiwwy
I too would love a red front door, but we are getting a new storm and it doesn't come in a decent red. I like the storm to match the front door (otherwise the door looks small). We like to keep the front door open for the light so we are going with a black door and black storm. Oh well....
0 Likes   May 16, 2012 at 8:03PM
love2sail
My door is currently black, I was hoping for a change but black looks stunning too, just more serious. We bought the house last year and a red door would be a nice change to make it our own...
0 Likes   May 16, 2012 at 8:06PM
houssaon
Generally, I like it when storm doors are painted the same color as the front door. It helps to make it disapear. However if you get a really good one with a white or black factory finish, you might just want to leave it that way.
0 Likes   May 16, 2012 at 8:13PM
Waterfront Interiors
A black door is always stunning! If you have to use a storm, use a black one to match, or try a retractable screen door, such as Phantom. This would give the best of both worlds.
1 Like   May 17, 2012 at 5:43AM
mulligan123
Like the entry door
0 Likes   October 27, 2013 at 6:47PM
cabinet color for a black galaxy countertop?
im more of a modern farmhouse person. when start to...
Dining room rug
I'm having hardwood installed in my formal dining room...
DESIGN DISASTER! GRANITE AND TILE DON"T MATCH!
We have spend $$$ totally remodeling our master bath...
What color sofa?
Hi - I am going to order a new sofa and I am picking...
Help! Feminine Home office needs color and excitement
This is a photo of my home office currently. I'd love...