I love the stain on the island. Would you mind sharing the wood species as well as the stain color? Thanks!
jhannibalshaner
May 18, 2012 in Photo Questions
John Kraemer & Sons
Hi there! The wood top is Wenge wood and it is a custom blended stain. Thanks, and good luck!
May 21, 2012 at 9:15am   
paradistoou
i UNDERSTAND THE 'STAIN' IS A CUSTOM BLEND BUT THIS LOOKS AS IF IT IS PAINTED, DISTRESSED AND GLAZED? WOULD YOU PLEASE MIND ELABORATING ON THE PREPARATION .AMAZINGLY DONE.. GORGEOUS, GORGEOUS. I WOULD LIKE TO DO THIS TO MY ISLAND.. PARADISTOOU@YAHOO - SHONA CHRISTY THX SO MUCH
September 23, 2012 at 1:43pm   
Cory vandenHam
Beautiful island. Don't fool yourself into thinking that this piece of kitchen furniture would be easy to duplicate. It obviously was obstructed by crafts(wo)men that are very skilled. Well done.
October 18, 2012 at 1:18pm   
paradistoou
@Cory, actually all I am interested in is the color of the island as this is a little too blan for me. I love reclaimed woods and we only work woth reclaimed woods. the character you get from reclaimed is like none other and as for fooling myself into thinking this is an east finish. I dont think ANY 2 finishes could ever be exact or exactly duplicated. There will always be differences. I will get my glaze and look to the aspect that i want personally for my space. My husband is a master craftsman and he had I have redone several homes to this point. I was simply specifically interested in this color, (I think) yet would have to see it in reality since lightings differ in each space. This may /may not be what I was looking for Yet, there is no doubt that I cannot come extremely close. Thank you. kindest Regards.
February 17, 2013 at 8:58am   
If you could change one thing about your house...
...what would it be? Tell us in the comments! If...
Need a tight fitting door.
We are refinishing our basement and want to include...
Which layout is better for our master bedroom ?
Because we are moving to a new house we decided we...
Kitchen Backsplash?
We are currently building our dream home right now,...
Paint
Need help choosing a wall paint color that won't take...