Mixing hardware colors?! Mixing appliance colors?!!!
flygirlred
I have white shaker style cabinets with oil rubbed bronze hardware. My kitchen island has a white quartz top and undermounted stainless steel sink. For the kitchen faucet, would it look bad to go with oil rubbed bronze since the undermount sink is stainless? Or would that be okay since the rest of the hardware in the kitchen is oil rubbed bronze?

Also, I have a stainless steel oven. Should I go with a white refrigerator or stainless? I would prefer the fridge to blend into the white cabinets visually, but now that i have the stainless oven, should I just stick with a stainless fridge? Thanks!
mainegirl5
Could you upload a pic?
   May 18, 2012 at 6:58PM
mainegirl5
I have all stainless except my refrigerator. I can't stand wiping down a stainless fridge every other day. Also my white one disappears into the white wall where a gray stainless would look obvious and my kitchen already looks pretty gray as it is.
   May 18, 2012 at 7:00PM
Manon Floreat
For the faucet, I think I would prefer stainless, since it's so close to the sink. To my way of thinking, the two kind of operate as a unit, whereas cabinet hardware is its own unit.

Regarding the refrigerator, before you decide on white or stainless, look into integrated refrigerators. Basically, they cover the refrigerator to match the cabinetry. The result is a fridge that disappears!

1 Like   May 18, 2012 at 7:50PM
Manon Floreat
Here's a integrated fridge in the shaker style:

May 18, 2012 at 7:53PM
karen paul interiors
Stainless faucet. White refrigerator
   May 18, 2012 at 7:57PM
flygirlred
I would love an integrated fridge but its not in the budget, unfortunately. My only concern with a white fridge is that most of them look big and plastic. And the ones that have stainless handles and look good quality are more than $1200 which is my limit. Any further suggestions?
   May 19, 2012 at 4:45AM
Chroma Design
I agree with Manon Floreat's reasoning with the faucet and with Karen Paul for the white refridgerator.
   May 19, 2012 at 7:23AM
Shannon Ggem ASID
I'd go with brushed nickel or stainless faucet on the island. The layout would drive the white or stainless decision based on the main vantages. I have liked the LG glass fridges in white.
   May 19, 2012 at 8:06AM
karen paul interiors
GE Profile will house a flat panel in white, which is a 2nd best option to the integrated fridge. There is a side by side with a counter depth.
   May 19, 2012 at 8:31AM
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
I would go with chrome or nickel faucet and a stainless fridge. I agree with the comment about white refrigerators feeling like plastic, they feel a bit dated to my eye. Stainless will always look classic. Good luck with your project. Charmean Neithart
   May 19, 2012 at 9:26AM
karen paul interiors
Stainless is a classic and so was brass.:( Stainless is now being replaced by the look of warmer metals. In fact interiors are cropping up with warm, antiqued brass, unlike what we had back when. We are discovering warm finishes are looking pretty great next to the cool gray walls, so popular at the moment. You just have to be around enough decades to see the design industry reinvent the wheel. :)
   May 19, 2012 at 10:13AM
Jenn Aire used to make (and I think still does) a white "floating glass" refrigerator. It looks much sleeker than the usual white plastic-looking ones, and cleans off very easily. My first choice would be stainless steel, but I think the white floating glass fridge could look good in a white kitchen along with the SS range.
Yes, I looked it up and they still carry the white floating glass fridge, but only in the cabinet depth model: http://www.jennair.com/flash.cmd?/#/product/JFC2290VEM/
   May 23, 2012 at 5:59PM
flygirlred
Thank you all for the great comments. A parting question...I asked it before but I don't think I was clear enough... My ceilings are 8', and I want the ceilings to look as high as possible. My cabinets are standard size and they are hung on the wall 12" below the ceiling. Would it be better to put small trim on top of the cabinets to finish them off? Or would "heightening" the cabinetry by adding tall trim to the top of the cabinets make the ceilings look taller? In other words, the higher the cabinets are the taller the ceiling looks? Or the lower the cabinets are the taller the ceiling looks? Thanks!
   May 25, 2012 at 2:03PM
Shannon Ggem ASID
I feel that a taller trim will make it look higher. The higher the cabinets are the taller the ceilings look to me.
   May 25, 2012 at 2:42PM
Shannon Ggem ASID
Here's some visual reference for trim heights to help you decide: hope it's helpful!

Restyled Home

Parkwood Road Residence Kitchen
   May 25, 2012 at 3:18PM
Mixing appliance colors
I'm getting a new gas range. I like the look of the...
Mixing appliance colors
I have a black frig, microwave and dishwasher. I am...
mixing color of hardware in bathroom
I am installing a frameless shower door in master bath....
Mixing hardware colors
I love how you've used bronze and silver. Is there...
colors of appliances/hardware
I need help deciding whether I should go with black...
Need Help Renovating a Kitchen on a Budget
Purchased a new home and need ideas to bring this plain...
Exterior paint colors? Remove or paint brick?
We will be selling soon and want to paint our house...
Do I need a Pantry Cabinet for resale?
Purchased a 3 BR 2 B coach home condo in Naples, FL....
How to configure roman shades
I have this bay window I want to put roman shades in....