Help! I need to re-do my Country French Bathroom
madym
I want to re-do my large bathroom [15 x 13]; change the built in Jacuzzi style tub; get new raised counters with some pillar storage; change to a frameless shower.... question: what kind of free standing tub? footed? but i'd like to keep the paisley wallpaper [its much nicer than in the photos] if possible; and the marble floors.
Need creative Ideas?
wholesale faucet
Hi, there are Freestanding Floor Mounted Clawfoot Bathtub Faucet
May 20, 2012 at 9:11pm   
michigammemom
A free-standing tub similar to this photo would work in your French country space. It is elegant without the additional maintenance of cleaning under the tub.
May 21, 2012 at 4:58am   
madym
Yes, I also saw something like this and put it in my idea folder. What about vanity wash bowls ? overmount? undermount? and faucets???? I like the french words for hot and cold on the faucet. Ideas?
May 21, 2012 at 5:08am   
nikoyam
If you're going to keep the walpaper I think you should ditch the gold accents, its the guady version of french country. If you stick with gold accents, tone it down to an antiqued gold or sand the polish off. Otherwise change the harware and trims to a softer finish. Find ways to tie in that beautiful blue(or at least it looks blue) with accents of blue, maybe some blue soaps in a canister or blue rocks in a blue and white china bowl.
October 1, 2012 at 9:31pm     
madym
Absolutely! I plan to get new cabinetry [french country meets shabby chic]; new hardware [I hate the gold], and new tub, new clear shower enclosure, and possibly soapstone counter tops. What kind of bowls? undermount? overmount? apron front?
October 2, 2012 at 5:51am   
nikoyam
I would say either overmount or apronfront. Overmount really speaks to the fact that back in the day, there really wasn't any indoor plumbing, so most people had to wash using an indoor water basin. It would play into the French Country style with honesty. If you do an apronfront, they tie in very well to Country style in general. Best of luck to you!
October 3, 2012 at 11:04am   
ct design studio
A freestanding clawfoot tub would look amazing, however if you take out the garden tub you will have an area of the floor without tile as well as exposed wall areas. See if the tile currently on the tub surround/deck can be reused somehow. You'll also want to get a vanity the same size or larger so you don't have exposed area of wall without wallpaper. If you do a shabby furniture style vanity, white vessels look great, it reminds me of the old washstands with the porcelain bowls and pitchers for washing up. Also love the freestanding tub fillers.
grey on grey powder room
Powder Room
Pella® 350 Series Sliding window
Bridge faucets would be great as well. I like all your current ideas of updating hardware, counters etc. Finally taking the mirror down behind the tub will give you a more French and updated look.
October 3, 2012 at 11:22am   
i'm re_doing my Room, for now i need help : the back of the door
I've just finished my room . it was pink and now it's...
Need help with bathroom/laundry re-do
10x8 bathroom with sink, toilet' 4x3 shower and stackable...
What type of pro do I need for re-doing my home's exterior?
I have to re-side my house. It's a large 3 story very-knotty...
Decor ideas living/dining space
I just moved in to my new apartment few weeks ago....
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
What type of flooring
This is picture of new cabinets an countertop Need...
Help for a kitchen layout with 3 doors and a staircase?
We recently moved into a 1969 L-shaped ranch house....
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...