I want to use cloud white on my cabinets but the cabinet maker says that Ben Moore does not do well on cabinet
jenres
May 23, 2012 in Photo Questions
Ben Moore paint is not for cabinets. Can you help me out because I really love the Cloud White color! Thanks
houssaon
Benjamin Moore's "ben" paint line a waterborne paint. Benjamine Moore has other paint lines as well. White Cloud is a color available in most of these lines.

If you check the Benjamin Moore website, they say specifically the "ben" semi-gloss is suitable for cabinets. See: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/product-catalog?prod=ben_Waterborne_Interior_Paint#piSheen=627&tab=2

Maybe your painter doesn't like using the "ben" paint line. I would talke to the paint dealer if you have any more questions about this issue.
May 23, 2012 at 12:16pm   
nwhelan
I used cloud white on my kitchen cabinets and fireplace and has held up extremely well. Just make sure you are using melamine paint.
June 3, 2012 at 6:25am     
pauli12
Sherwin Williams color matched all of my Ben Moore 'colors'.
If you can find the paint that you need most anyone can get the color right. Nice color!
June 13, 2012 at 9:13am     
tracyhartwick
BMoore products are excellent, if you speak with them they have a special line of paint best suited for painting cabinets, which you can get in all colours.
June 13, 2012 at 9:34am     
Sarah Walters
what sheen is used on cabinets? glossy, semi, eggshell, flat?
July 23, 2012 at 6:24pm   
tracyhartwick
I used the Benjamin Moore Aura (Satin). I like the Aura because no priming was needed although at the dealer they recommended another new product better suited for cupboards. The product they recommended required primiing first so I decided not to use it. I made sure that my cupboards were prepped properly (sanding and washed with TSP) before painting.
July 24, 2012 at 6:18am     
Valerie J Johnson Custom Tailored Home Furnishings
I love Ben Moore paint. Our paint specialist reccommended The iron clad low lustre metal and wood enamel. Prep the cabinets with tsp and a light sand and it truly does not need priming. Painted 3 years ago and the finish is holding up wonderfully. Both the white and the charcoal grey. Best wishes!!
July 24, 2012 at 6:35am   
Kosta's Inc.
I have used Benjamin Moore on my cabinets and it looks amazing!
October 30, 2012 at 4:10pm