I want to use cloud white on my cabinets but the cabinet maker says that Ben Moore does not do well on cabinet
jenres
May 23, 2012 in Photo Questions
Ben Moore paint is not for cabinets. Can you help me out because I really love the Cloud White color! Thanks
houssaon
Benjamin Moore's "ben" paint line a waterborne paint. Benjamine Moore has other paint lines as well. White Cloud is a color available in most of these lines.

If you check the Benjamin Moore website, they say specifically the "ben" semi-gloss is suitable for cabinets. See: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/product-catalog?prod=ben_Waterborne_Interior_Paint#piSheen=627&tab=2

Maybe your painter doesn't like using the "ben" paint line. I would talke to the paint dealer if you have any more questions about this issue.
0 Likes   May 23, 2012 at 12:16PM
nwhelan
I used cloud white on my kitchen cabinets and fireplace and has held up extremely well. Just make sure you are using melamine paint.
1 Like   June 3, 2012 at 6:25AM
pauli12
Sherwin Williams color matched all of my Ben Moore 'colors'.
If you can find the paint that you need most anyone can get the color right. Nice color!
1 Like   June 13, 2012 at 9:13AM
tracyhartwick
BMoore products are excellent, if you speak with them they have a special line of paint best suited for painting cabinets, which you can get in all colours.
1 Like   June 13, 2012 at 9:34AM
Sarah Walters
what sheen is used on cabinets? glossy, semi, eggshell, flat?
0 Likes   July 23, 2012 at 6:24PM
tracyhartwick
I used the Benjamin Moore Aura (Satin). I like the Aura because no priming was needed although at the dealer they recommended another new product better suited for cupboards. The product they recommended required primiing first so I decided not to use it. I made sure that my cupboards were prepped properly (sanding and washed with TSP) before painting.
1 Like   July 24, 2012 at 6:18AM
Valerie J Johnson Custom Tailored Home Furnishings
I love Ben Moore paint. Our paint specialist reccommended The iron clad low lustre metal and wood enamel. Prep the cabinets with tsp and a light sand and it truly does not need priming. Painted 3 years ago and the finish is holding up wonderfully. Both the white and the charcoal grey. Best wishes!!
0 Likes   July 24, 2012 at 6:35AM
Kosta's Inc.
I have used Benjamin Moore on my cabinets and it looks amazing!
1 Like   October 30, 2012 at 4:10PM
loves2read
Think that is more about the preference of the cabinet guy than the durability of the paint--
and don't count on having another company's paint match that color exactly--
IF you decide to use another mfg I would want to see a paint sample on same type of cabinet door you are using IN THAT paint/color before you sign off--
test it by doing some things like rubbing up against it wi/belt buckle--like drawer fronts might get
dragging fingernail across it or banging it with pot
1 Like   September 20, 2014 at 4:30PM
Showplace Wood Products
Some cabinet brands will match a Benjamin Moore color, or any other paint brand's color, most often for an additional charge. The price charged is typically not huge, especially in comparison to all the other costs involved in a kitchen...when that specific color is the perfect color for you, a few more dollars on the front-end makes sense.

Another side-benefit to having a custom color applied to your cabinets by the manufacturer is that all the other features of finish that are important remain the same and fall under the manufacturer's warranty. Things like an oven-baked finish, or a catalyzed varnish topcoat, all add to the lasting durability of the cabinets you choose.
1 Like   December 2, 2014 at 12:23PM
Need help updating living room
We are working on decorating our living room. Looking...
nycmama1225
Family Room
I need guidance on wall art, area rug, and throw pillows....
jschlemm
Need help for my living room in my apartment
Hello I need help choosing paints for my living room....
rgreen04
Benjamin Moore Gray Owl Light Blue?
I'm having trouble getting a consistent color using...
keako
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare :(
I'm really trying not to get so worked up about this,...
mhaber22