Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krisdesigns

To buy or not to buy?

Kris G
9 years ago
I think most of us have a house that we drive by and just think it's beautiful. The house with great curb appeal to me actually went on the market! The 1979 red brick French colonial is in great shape outside, good driveway, walkway, no brick cracks. Open the front door and the main floor is in nice shape other than all the sliding glass doors need to be replaced. It would be a big remodel to add a full bath and master on the main level. Walking up the lovely staircase ( banister wobbly!) the bedrooms and bathrooms are in good shape. Except the floor undulates awful! I would trip as you can really feel it when you walk. Very creaky. All of the upstairs windows do need to be replaced, they don't even fully close. The attic is hand trussed except the furnace is in it and it's a tiny pull down ladder for access. No leaks evident. The other main concern is that in the block basement you can see than the steel I beam is in 3 sections not one solid beam. Are these problems a structural engineering nightmare?

Comments (2)