Backsplash
gmbpab
May 28, 2012 in Photo Questions
What is the backsplash?
vernon21
what is the backsplash??
June 26, 2012 at 12:33pm     
homickv
Did anyone get a response to this question?
July 14, 2012 at 9:48am   
lrharsh
what is the tile backsplash
July 29, 2012 at 5:33pm   
renee_glick
Does anyone know the name of the backsplash and where to find it?
August 12, 2012 at 4:52pm   
tepper
I also love the backsplash. And would like to find out what it is
August 12, 2012 at 7:09pm   
smiley0207
wish someone would share backsplash details!
August 20, 2012 at 6:50pm   
allenpark
I would like to know the name of the backsplash also!
August 20, 2012 at 8:20pm   
akhogsett
I would like this information also! Anyone??
August 26, 2012 at 9:00pm   
chrs689
Me too!!! Building a house and this would be great with out counter top.
August 31, 2012 at 4:23pm   
tepper
How can you find out about the back splash. What is the point of asking the question if no one answers
September 12, 2012 at 6:09pm     
janeyliz
Pretty sure the tile is Arizona Tile Golden Gate stacked stone...
September 13, 2012 at 10:30am   
monain
We are looking into this backsplash and tile company we go to told us it is a travertine walnut filled honed, cut in random pattern. Hope it helps
September 22, 2012 at 11:56am     
anne1950
My cupboards are espresso, counter is Giallo Ornamental, floors are natural bamboo - what colour backsplash would you recommend???? The kitchen is open to the liv room & dining area & the vibe is a little on the modern side. Thanks.
October 20, 2012 at 8:15am   
allenpark
I couldn't find the one in the picture so I have white cabinets with Giallo Ornamental and went with Lint Tibet Brick Mosaic Sunet and the middle with the small squares is Rocky Beach.
October 20, 2012 at 9:37am   
anne1950
Thanks allenpark I'll look it up :)
October 20, 2012 at 11:04am   
allenpark
for some reason I couldn't attach the pictures but if you want to see some picture give me your email and I will send to you!
October 20, 2012 at 2:29pm   
ssumarti
really like the backsplash here too and would love to know the name/type of tiles. Also wondering if dark wood flooring with the rest of the same combination would look good
October 27, 2012 at 6:53pm   
robbinanne
November 19, 2012 at 7:17am   
Anne Till
I found something very similar in Phoenix at Bedrosians Tile and Stone. It is called Random Linear Mosaic and there are 3 color variations (am attaching pictures)
February 20, 2013 at 9:41pm     
Anne Till
Also, this is travertine and has a smooth finished ... some polished and some honed. Nice clean edges and small grout lines. It has varying widths and lengths for the tile.
February 20, 2013 at 9:43pm   
ochanam
i was just looking at Bedrosians Tile and stone online. This backsplash looks like the Peruvian blend
September 7, 2013 at 6:03pm   
ochanam
here is an image of the Peruvian blend from Bedrosians. its pretty close. I love the backsplash in this kitchen too and have been searching all over for it
September 7, 2013 at 6:07pm   
Anne Till
I did use this on my back splash and that is exactly what it looks like installed. We absolutely love it. Here are some pics ... we still need to do the floor
September 7, 2013 at 9:24pm     
allenpark
looks gorgeous Anne!
September 8, 2013 at 4:24am   
ochanam
Anne Till thank you for sharing your kitichen pics. I love it. looks beautiful. I live in the mIdwest. so I am gonna contact them to see if they will sell to me. thanks again
September 8, 2013 at 12:34pm   
Anne Till
Mine is called Storm Random Linear Mosaic. http://bedrosians.com/catalog/p=TRVSTORMLNR. We chose the lightest variation because we didn't want as many dark pieces. But there is still a lot of color variation and several dark pieces. I even took several of the less pretty grey pieces out and replaced them with ones that were prettier ... I probably drove my tile guy crazy) . It was less expensive to order it through Superior Stone and Cabinet Inc than to get it directly from Bedrosians. Also, they wouldn't split up a box and I think there were 25 S/F in a box. Since I have such a big backsplach, I ended up with 75 S/F (and not too much left over), which weighed 345 lb. They shipped it overnight from California and I picked it up from the Bedrosians store even though I ordered it through Superior.
September 8, 2013 at 2:07pm   
ochanam
Thanks for the info, now im confused which one I want. the Storm looks nice too. my cabinets are antique white like the pic in houzz. Its hard not to actually see the tile. are the three photos you attached prior of the different color variations, is one of them the Storm and one the Peruvian?
September 8, 2013 at 2:27pm   
Anne Till
My husband and I went into the store and looked at the 3 styles. We both thought that the difference was the amount of dark pieces in the mix. I'm pretty sure that the Storm was the one with the least amount of darks (the bottom and lightest picture in the set that I posted 7 months ago). All we had to go by was the 12"x12" sample that they had on the floor so it was hard to choose based on that.
September 8, 2013 at 6:45pm   
Anne Till
I posted some pictures in my last post of different areas in my kitchen. You can see that we did get quite a bit of variety in the pieces with the Storm And again, there were several dull gray pieces that I took out and replaced with prettier pieces so this is lighter than the original. For our grout, we used Sahara tan as shown in the pic. For the seal (which I applied after the tile guy was done), I used the Enhancer Pro first (being careful not to get it on the grout) and then the Impregnator next. Its been almost 7 months and it still looks like the day it was installed ... except that the tile guy grouted with regular grout on the counter-backsplash interface. He should have used silicone or something because the grout is cracking on the interface (especially around my main sink) so I'm going to have to go back and re-grout the interface with a silicone based product that matches.
September 8, 2013 at 6:55pm   
Anne Till
Our kitchen was somewhat difficult since we had two cabinet colors. Also if you don't want those ugly white light switches, then you can use ModPodge and scrapbook paper to make your own (google it for instructions ... I have included pics or ours below) or Floor and Décor had some inexpensive switches made out of resin switches that looked very much like travertine (http://www.flooranddecor.com/switch-plate-covers.html)
September 8, 2013 at 7:08pm   
ochanam
Thank you for all the info that is very helpful.
September 8, 2013 at 8:43pm   
Need help with Hood and Liner installation
I need to install a VentAHood liner and semi custom...
I want to renovate my kitchen to look more modern. What should I do?
I'm thinking black granite countertops and painting...
Home sick in Louisiana
All I see is brown stain - I have many questions re:...
Is this coffee table too big for the room?
Light fixtures & moulding for foyer/living room?
We're in a Utah ski resort town, and our decor is global-eclectic-earthy...