I have the same question
Laloofah
I'd love to know the stain colors for the floor and the banister rail and newel post, please!
brownkellyk
I am wondering if you received this information? If so, could you please post? I'm interested in the 2 stain colors as well. Thanks!
    Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 1:04PM
Laloofah
No, I'm afraid I haven't received an answer. I have a feeling if I ever do, it will be posted here... too late for us (we ran out of time to make a choice for our white oak floors in a newly constructed house), but I wish you luck in finding this color in time for yourself!

The color we chose is a custom mix that's very similar in tone, but a shade or two darker than the floor stain here. It's equal parts Minwax "Special Walnut" and "English Chestnut" with 2 coats of semi-gloss polyurethane. I have no photos yet (the floors are about to be installed), but if that color sounds like it might interest you, you could have Sherwin Wms or Home Depot mix up a batch and put it on a sample board for you. That's what we did. We thought it was perfect - not too light, not too dark, not too red or yellow or brown or grey - it was just right! (I sound like Goldilocks!) :-)
    Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 1:51PM
Shari P Kantor Creative Universe SPKCreative LLC
Hi Laloofah and Brownkellyk,

I empathize with your frustration. Have you tried contacting the designer directly by phone or email?

As a professional on Houzz, I know that we're not always notified about questions and there are so many great discussions that it's easy to miss some when we're here. I started to include my contact info on my posts in case anyone wants to contact me right away or further down the road, and others do the same. I know this doesn't help solve your problem, but I hope it explains the response delay.

Best,
Shari

spkcreative@gmail.com
www.spkcreative.com
    Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 3:31PM
ptford
can you please let me know how the finials were finished? that is stunning, gold!
    Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 11:05AM
gautamanne
Can you tell me the stain color for the Floor..I am having house buit and have the same question...and need to select Min-Wax Stain.. and also what is the texture..Gloss or Semi Gloss..
    Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 8:29AM
gautamanne
Thanks SPK...The Designer did not want to give the color of the floor...
    Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 8:53AM
You're welcome. I wonder if the color was custom for the client, which would be a good reason for not sharing the color--custom means that the client wants something unique to them and the designer/architect will rightfully make every effort to keep it that way. It's a bit different when I paint--I mix colors as I go and they also transform into new colors on canvas, so although I can say what colors I started with, it's rare that I can accurately say what I finished with, and it's even more rare for me to perfectly recreate the final mixed colors:)
    Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 9:05AM
brownkellyk
I used Min-Wax Special Walnut to try to reproduce this look and it's almost an identical match. I love the color - also used the semi-gloss finish. It's a perfect shade of rich brown with hints of red, orange, yellow, but no other color is overwhelming undertone.
1 Like    Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 9:33AM
gautamanne
Thanks...can you post some pics...I am looking for something which is not too dark..Thanks a lot in advance
1 Like    Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 10:12AM
Siemasko + Verbridge
Apologies to all. This discussion did slip by us. Yes it's custom stain work, done on site, therefore we don't know the name of the colors used and the actual mixture of the final stain.
    Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 5:11AM
Fireplace mantel decor
I'm redecorating our mantel and need help with decor...
ldbwalter
Need advice on travertine flooring.
I'm building a new home, and want to do a herringbone...
sandkastl
Need help with window treatments
We have a big window that looks over our back porch...
keri helton
What ONE thing do you LOVE that your spouse / partner does at home?
Your spouse / partner is the best, of course! What...
Should the media console be on the rug?
HELP! We just bought a new rug, a 9*12, and I'm wondering...
Michelle Williams