What are the colors used on the cabinets?
texas_evans
May 30, 2012 in Photo Questions
I am looking to replicate this color. In your earlier comment you mention you started with a color similar to Benjamin Moore Gray Mist but that color is almost creme colored, not nearly as blue/green/gray as this picture. Do you know the exact color underneath the dark coffee glaze?
Jenni Leasia Design
I am so glad you brought that up! The color that it is similar to is Benjamin Moore Gray Wisp--not Gray Mist!. Gray Wisp is 1570. It is actually more of a green/gray than this color. This is slightly more blue and has a little more gray in it. Hope this is helpful.
June 4, 2012 at 5:44pm     
texas_evans
Very helpful - thank you! Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray seems similar as well, with a tiny bit more blue in it. Think the Gray Wisp is a good start! Thanks again...
June 7, 2012 at 8:08pm     
tenbarge
what color did you use on the other kitchen cabinets
November 5, 2012 at 10:03am   
Jenni Leasia Design
The other cabinets are also glazed. The cabinets were painted a creamy white and we applied a custom coffee colored glaze and wiped it off. The glaze then remains in the grain and around all the edge details of the cabinets.
Jenni
November 5, 2012 at 1:49pm   
tenbarge
I love the entire look - what is the countertop
November 5, 2012 at 3:11pm   
Jenni Leasia Design
The countertop is a material that sadly is no longer available. It is called Alamo and it is honed. I have only seen it at one distributor and they can't get it any more. It is a beautiful creamy stone with soft grays, and streaks of caramel.
Jenni
November 5, 2012 at 4:25pm     
adamcbarr
Hi Jenni. We love your work on this kitchen. What are these cabinets made of? Looks like wood. Any reason why wood over MDF for painted? We want wood but pros keep telling us to use MDF if painting due to cracking where the 5 piece door is put together. Thanks
January 24, 2013 at 8:42pm   
Jenni Leasia Design
Thank you! I am so glad you love it! It is true that painted wood in a 5 piece door will be more prone to cracking. With that said, these cabinets are painted birch and we use painted maple on a regular basis. (I have painted maple in my own kitchen.) MDF is also very vulnerable to moisture damage. I think it's a good idea to listen to your cabinet maker's advice. But there is nothing wrong with asking other cabinet makers to see what they think. Would a little crack at the joint drive you crazy? We designed the cabinets in these photos to have the patina and charm of older cabinetry.
Jenni
January 29, 2013 at 9:37pm     
Need Help To Find Similar Night Table
Ikea discontinued this Hemnes Rounded Night Table....
Need help on the best method to secure two thick wood without joints
I am looking for advice on how to secure two pieces...
creative kitchen flooring - love wood but...
We are renovating a kitchen and are going for an open...
Design my small living room
Need some help designing my oh so tiny living room....
Help revamp my family room
Don't know how to change my fireplace. The actual fireplace...