How can I hide these wires?????
twwrn
May 31, 2012 in Photo Questions
How can I creatively "hide" all those wires coming from pumps and tubes that are on the floor leading to an outlet all coming from our huge fish tank?
Mona Ives
Don't know if this will work for you, but the simplest solution I've found is to put large binder clips on the back of your desk perhaps behind the mirror where you thread the cords from below up behind the desk, through the clip and into the device. You will still see cords but won't be as messy. You can also put a surge protector on the desktop behind the mirror for instance and not have cords running down below.
May 31, 2012 at 9:47am   
ejly
get a solid sided wastepaper basket, storage crate, or other container that would fit these items.. Drill a hole in the bottom or cut it open and reseal. Drop the cords into it and they vanish. Protip: set it up upside down to keep folks who don't realize it isn't a trash can from trying to use it for trash, and then it can also be used as a footstool.
May 31, 2012 at 9:48am     
Diann
ejly love that idea thanks
May 31, 2012 at 9:58am   
HI -- Hey, thats a good idea ejly ! IKEA also has cord organizers made for this.
May 31, 2012 at 3:12pm   
ejly
Thanks @lefty47 & Diann - I also saw this recently but don't know if it is being manufactured yet: http://thegadgetvote.com/index.php/2012/05/cable-management-plugbook/
June 1, 2012 at 2:00pm   
Diann
OMG We just moved recently and had a picnic basket that used to hold alot of my art paints. Well one day my then puppy decided to chew on a back corner of it. I got smart then with him around got a bigger art table to I could keep my things up high. Well now I know what else I can use that picnic basket for ! Loveeeeeeeeee it.
It will add a nice touch under the desk now that he is a big boy now . Thanks for a great idea. Gonna cut out that hole.I looked at that gadgetvote and that was a great idea as well it looked like a book. Why don't I THINK of this stuff .
June 1, 2012 at 2:12pm   
ejly
That's a great use for the old picnic basket! I'm glad something good will come out of your puppy's teething.
June 1, 2012 at 2:18pm   
Diann
lol thanks for the idea I would never have thought of that till you mentioned ,. If you have any more ideas up your sleeves send them our way . LOVE stuff like that!
June 1, 2012 at 2:21pm   
7768
I did that with a large basket and put artificial greenery in it to hide the cords.
June 1, 2012 at 3:26pm   
Cordini
Store cords easily and eliminate excessive cord length, and more importantly potential safety hazards, with the new Cordini. It's new, it's unique, it's tough, it's Cordini!
June 14, 2012 at 3:12pm     
Diann
like those Cordini's
June 14, 2012 at 5:18pm   
Cordini
Diann, Email me for Cordini, I can help you with them, Kevin.Waggoner@Cordini.biz
I am the inventor and owner. It's just started in Texas. Thanks, -Kevin
June 14, 2012 at 6:44pm     
arlen121
I know this is not so chic, but extremely useful, use bread plastic tabs to label cords so you know what goes where!
June 15, 2012 at 7:43am     
How can I hide the ugly mess of electric wires/switches?
I need to do something about the ugly wires, routers...
How do i hide the wires?
I dont want a tall cabinet, i rather have a low one....
How do you hide wires that are on the floor?
I have a wire on the floor that runs across the room...
How to hide cable box and wires
We finally mounted our tv over the non working fireplace....
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
Your biggest layout pet peeve?
We've all got them. What's your biggest pet peeve...
Newest piece of furniture in your house?
Furnishing a house is often a lifetime project, with...
Fireplace Frustration
Hi! Looking for suggestions on what to do with this...
I want to renovate my kitchen to look more modern. What should I do?
I'm thinking black granite countertops and painting...