Dining table
marisolserret
June 1, 2012 in Photo Questions
I am looking for a rectangular dining table much like this one where could I find one like this or similar? I live in NY.
Deborah French Designs
I totally made the whole ing i made the base from old parts of a bridge and then went to a stone yard in Queens, choose the stone slab and had it custom cut and edged for me by a friend who works with stone. I drew the exact edge I wanted. It's not hard, definitely not cheap, but you have to know who to go to.
June 1, 2012 at 7:01pm   
Jennie Harris
How did you secure the bases to the slab, or otherwise ensure the stability? Absolutely LOVE your work in this space and have pinned several images for inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
June 30, 2013 at 4:24pm   
Deborah French Designs
Thanks! The stone just lays on the base. It's too heavy to move easily so is quite stable that way.
July 1, 2013 at 5:23am   
malibupeg
Gorgeous dining room. You mention the stone lays on the base. Most of your pieces are one of a kind and I assume this is the case with the base? What was it in it's "prior life" please?
September 17, 2013 at 4:06pm   
Deborah French Designs
Hi, I'm glad you like the table. I made the base from 2 old iron pieces I found at a salvage place, which were from an old bridge and had cross pieces bolted onto them. I started out as a sculptor so I guess putting things together is fun for me!
September 17, 2013 at 4:28pm   
Drape dilemma... Too short!
So I didn't do my research on what the appropriate...
Mirrored Powder Room
The previous owner put floor to ceiling mirror in the...
Which rug should I use here?
1 2 3 or leave the existing one or none?
Kitchen cabinet advice needed
I just bought this house and my struggle is with the...
Hardwood flooring emergency-- help!
Hi friends, We are near the very end of our remodel...