Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda_smith2158565

My master bedroom

Linda Smith
9 years ago
Before and after. Burgundy and gold to fresh colors.

Comments (45)

• PRO
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    9 years ago
    Nice work. Looks very comfortable and relaxing.
  • PRO
    Gordon Tobey Developments
    9 years ago
    Great job, the colour choices are perfect. Very relaxed feeling
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    9 years ago
    Great work!
  • myperfectadvice
    9 years ago
    good
  • Nicole Luijer
    9 years ago
    Love this - very serene
  • Darzy
    9 years ago
    Beautiful change!
  • asquithoatley
    9 years ago
    From Arabian nights to Parisian chic- very nice!
  • S Diane Aycock
    9 years ago
    Went from bed bath and beyond to designer touches. Why we refer to professionals to get a beautiful space.
  • Linda Smith
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank Dona Rosene Interiors for the changes!
  • Linda Smith
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Additional shots
  • PRO
    We Got Lites
    9 years ago
    Looks great, love the headboard. You definitely gave the room a more timeless look.
  • PRO
    Dona Rosene Interiors
    9 years ago
    My pleasure Linda!! So glad to create your haven!!
  • PRO
    Cast Glass Images Inc.
    9 years ago
    Very nice - I like the softer colors - looks cozy!
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    9 years ago
    The new color palette looks much calmer and more tranquil, although I think the print above the chaise seems like an unnecessary piece.....sometimes less is just right ;-)
    Linda Smith thanked Stamps Design Services
  • cheryljpeterson
    9 years ago
    Room with plain wall and mirrors was gorgeous, elegant, and "designed". Crosses and extra pic totally changed the feel of the room - reminiscent of the "before". Of course I do not sleep there..
    Linda Smith thanked cheryljpeterson
  • Francine
    9 years ago
    Have to agree with the last two comments. The crosses clash with the rest of the elements. They were okay with the burgundy kind of Gothic but not with the fresh lightness of the new design.
  • printesa
    9 years ago
    I like the colors of the room. It's not my style, but that doesn't matter. The owner is the one who has to like it. I can see that the owner likes crosses, but they don't look very nice in the last photos. Also, that little painting/print is just out of place there.
  • gaddye
    9 years ago
    Love the new room, very calming and light. Especially like the mirrors over the tables. I do agree with not preferring the crosses. Great job.
  • randym
    9 years ago
    You have to take down the crosses and the twin mirrors, you have too much on the wall. I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost with all my heart and know without a doubt that Jesus died to pay for our sins but you are going a little far. I would find myself way to guilty of doing anything in that room but sleeping, and praying.
  • mmauser
    9 years ago
    What a wonderful change. Very soft and comforting.
  • Sanjay Jain
    9 years ago
    nc looking
  • Sanjay Jain
    9 years ago
    this is our own design
  • franniebelle
    9 years ago
    Lovely transformation. But definitely better without the crosses and the small picture. Way too busy and cluttered with them.
  • shaynagross
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    If you want a bedroom that could be a picture in a magazine take the crosses down but if you want a very pretty bedroom that represents you and what you love then leave them right there - it i lovely.
  • PRO
    Artist Marnie
    9 years ago
    Lovely! But I hate to tell you, I also like it better without crosses. But it's your room to do with what you wish! :)
  • goodewyfe
    9 years ago
    I think the mirrors add interest - the walls would be empty without them. Perhaps the other items could find a place in an alcove or other smaller area where they could transform the area into a gallery wall.
  • Sanjay Jain
    9 years ago
    I need some dinning chair design
  • Karen H
    9 years ago
    What a nice change! Big difference
  • Ajay Bandala
    9 years ago
    Nice
  • PRO
    hurst visual solutions
    9 years ago
    I like mirrors with lamps in front because they make a room bigger and brighter, but, this is the exception. I don't like the two mirrors behind the bedside table lamps. They seem to create clutter around the bed. I agree that the crosses added clutter as well and were a throwback to the before photo. Maybe use the mirrors in two other places in your house but not side by side. In general, a mirror should be used for the purpose of seeing yourself, and this does not serve that function. The mirrors are blocked and useless. Try them behind a lamp in an entry hall or dark corner of another room perhaps. I don't think that there necessarily needs to be anything above one's bed/headboard. A small wall gallery might look nice between the bed and chair to pull together that space. Family photos, a small mirror, some prints. Keep it small. Beautiful bed and lamps!
  • نسيم الضباب
    9 years ago
    جميل جدا
  • droosth
    9 years ago
    So pretty! You created a restful haven. I do like the first picture better, however, without the crosses. Adding them, seemed to make it a bit crowded. Perhaps there's another area in the room where they'd be better?
  • girlnuke
    9 years ago
    I like the crosses. Probably the picture doesn't serve the affect of the look, and doesn't evoke the emotion that actually being in the room would. Sometimes it's fun when rooms look like something you'd see on an exotic vacation. Nice redo
  • spisland
    9 years ago
    It's true the added wall décor above the bed and chair ruined the look. Gorgeous redo otherwise.
  • noor7654
    9 years ago
    Love the new room - soft, yet sophisticated! I agree with others who urge you to remove the crosses from over the bed and the little painting too - they ruin the look. I say this as one who has a cross collection - I love my crosses but they don't work in every room - even though my home is Mediterranean style. My bedroom is one such room at present so I've limited my crosses in there to a small painted cross from Mexico over the door and a small antique mirror with 2 old sets of Rosary Beads draped over it. That said perhaps you or your designer could research how the French throughout history displayed religious items in their homes/bedrooms and go that rout if you still desire the crosses in your bedroom. In any event enjoy your new room!
  • Suzy Parker
    9 years ago
    Loved the mirrors. Where did you get them?
  • pmhd2
    9 years ago
    Note to SanJay Jain: please start your own thread, if you want advice.
  • User
    9 years ago
    Take away the picture and crosses and I think the room would look wonderful.
  • Marianne Scoggin
    9 years ago
    What does the rest of the room look like? Is there a narrow wall on which the three crosses could be hung, one above the other, vertically?
  • alwaysdesigning
    9 years ago
    The crosses, which I've never been a fan of, seem to date the room and just not create the clean look you had going.
  • PRO
    hurst visual solutions
    9 years ago
    I have come to the opinion that if you like the crosses over the bed, you should keep them. It seems to be a personal decision and adds your own personal touch. This is your home and doesn't have to look like something out of a magazine.
  • whimzi1
    9 years ago
    Please tell me the name of the color of these walls!
  • Jennie Hallas
    9 years ago
    The after is stunning! Great job!
  • sumithayath
    9 years ago
    I liked white one.
    it's elegant.
    the colour and d cross doesn't make sense
Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz