How was the spectacular blue color achieved?
dsheerr
June 3, 2012 in Photo Questions
Pool Environments, Inc.
There is colored LED lighting in the pool and the spa. The pool is actually finished with a dark grey Diamondbrite interior finish, but the color LED lights help create ambiance at night!
June 4, 2012 at 12:58pm        Thanked by dsheerr
dsheerr
Tom, Much appreciated... Spectacular pool...
I'm an architect living New Hampshire... but designing a house with a pool in Southern Florida, near Delray... Know of any good pool folks down that way?
Deirdre Sheerr-Gross, AIA
June 4, 2012 at 1:31pm   
Pool Environments, Inc.
I would suggest you visit The Association of Pool and Spa Professionals website at www.apsp.org. There is a directory of pool professionals to choose from and you can browse through photos of last years International Awards of Excellence winners for ideas. You will also find valuable information on how to choose a builder and product information. Best of luck with your project!
June 5, 2012 at 7:41am        Thanked by dsheerr
Holgan Land Surveying, PC
I'm about to begin a pool renovation.. and I'm trying to decide on a new liner color. This is my second home and second pool, and replacing this liner for the third time since it was first built in 1985. I've always chosen blue, but there is a new one that I really find interesting, and in the daylight, it makes the water appear more natural, like a beautiful clean ocean. It's called Sand Pebble by either "loop loc"
or Vynal. they both have the same one, with a slightly different name. It's speckled, and mostly gray. My question is this.. at night with the LED light, will it take on all the beautiful colors, like this deep blue that you have in this photo? Thank you for your time!
September 22, 2012 at 7:27pm   
Pool Environments, Inc.
This pool has a DiamondBrite interior surface that is almost black. The color you see in the photo is actually created by LED lighting in the pool. The sandpebble color you are looking at is quite a bit lighter, so you probably won’t get quite the same intensity of color that you’re seeing in this shot, but it should come close.
September 24, 2012 at 8:52am        Thanked by dsheerr
b79babs
What brand of LEDs did you use and have you had a lot of success with LEDs lasting more than a couple of years in a pool? I also wonder how LEDs will do in the midwest with freezing winters.
March 7, 2013 at 7:52pm   
Urban Landscape
Looks fantastic! Love the hardscape and softscape as well as the pool! How long did this project take?
March 7, 2013 at 9:12pm     
Pool Environments, Inc.
Thank you! The project was completed in about 3 1/2 months.
March 8, 2013 at 6:24am        Thanked by dsheerr
Pool Environments, Inc.
We have used the strongest quality LED light from Pentair for the past several years. LED lights are more expensive, but typically last 20 to 30 thousand hours. We are currently trying to "fine tune" the best time to replace the gaskets. We have found the seals typically go bad between year 4 and 5. When this happens water can seep into the fixture and cause it to go bad. Having a proactive approach on changing the seals before this happens will extend the life of the fixture. As far as LEDs doing well in the freezing conditions of the Midwest, I would say that would depend on how the pool was winterized and there are several different ways to do this. I believe the success with these lights would depend on how the pool was winterized. I would advise finding a high end, reputable builder in your region to advise you on how to achieve the best results with your project.
March 8, 2013 at 7:23am        Thanked by dsheerr
Urban Landscape
Cool! Thanks for response
March 8, 2013 at 7:57am   
tontz3
what are the dimensions of the pool
March 16, 2013 at 3:50pm   
Pool Environments, Inc.
The pool is 11 x 30.
March 18, 2013 at 8:09am        Thanked by dsheerr
somerday
What are the coping and deck materials?
March 25, 2013 at 7:59pm     
Pool Environments, Inc.
The stone around the pool and on the stepper pads is Leuder limestone. The deck is colored concrete.
March 26, 2013 at 6:15am        Thanked by dsheerr
Holgan Land Surveying, PC
Could you please post some photos of the fire and water feature, it sounds amazing!
June 2, 2013 at 5:23pm   
Ray Skwarek
My wife and I love the vibrant blue color, and I figured that LED lighting was used. But I was suprised that the pool is finished with dark grey. How does this pool look in the daytime? Any pics? Also, I assume that the water jets have separate LEDs to create the lighted water streams. Is that correct. Thanks.
January 12, 2014 at 11:01pm   
Pool Environments, Inc.
Yes, the vibrant blue is created by the LED lighting in the pool. The dark grey finish creates a more reflective water surface during the daylight hours, which is nice in a modestly sized yard, such as this. And you are correct, each of the laminar jet components comes equipped with its own LED light. We do not have any "full" daylight photos of this project. However, I have attached a photo of a similar plaster. This photo was taken at dusk with an overcast sky. The plaster will change throughout the day depending on the light.
January 13, 2014 at 8:47am     
kristinoula
Can I assume that the water jets have LED but NOT colored LED?
Who manufactures these particular lights? Thank you , its really fabulous, without being over the top!
February 7, 2014 at 4:10am   
maggiefalcusan
What is the name and manufacture of the stone used on the back wall?
April 11, 2014 at 5:19pm   
igerrez
I would just like to thank the folks at PE, Inc for their thorough, timely, and patient responses to all the questions we've asked! You guys seem like incredible people to work with!
June 22, 2014 at 3:01pm        Thanked by dsheerr
rafark
I was about to say the same thing. Very professional and kind.
June 22, 2014 at 11:44pm   
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
What style is this house and how to update?
What is the name of this house style? I have heard...
Please give advice on updating 1970's paneled den.
We need advice on wall color, replacing carpet with...
Which wood floor should I choose?
We are painting our den paneling Bleeker Beige by Ben...