Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madykins

What did they use to make the design on the ceiling? And how did they do it?

madykins
11 years ago
I would like to replicate this myself and would like details as to what materials were used and how they made the design.
Custom Plaster Tracery Ceiling · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    dSPACE Studio Ltd, AIA
    11 years ago
    Hi, great question. The plaster tracery ceiling was designed and detailed by dSPACE Studio - we created a custom plaster mold that was fabricated by a local plaster contractor. There were over 100 plaster mold pieces installed. Thanks for your questions and good luck with your projects.

dSPACE Studio's portfolio of award winning work can been seen at www.dspacestudio.com
  • PRO
    Barnhart Gallery
    11 years ago
    Impressive, dSPACE; love it.
  • PRO
    Meg Burns Lietz Realtor at Baird & Warner
    11 years ago
    Just saw you are in Chicago. Is this a really expensive undertaking to have a custom design made? Do I have to go through you to find out who fabricated the design for you? Thank you, it's lovely!
  • PRO
    dSPACE Studio Ltd, AIA
    11 years ago
    Hi, great question. A custom plaster ceiling like the one shown here in the image is not an inexpensive undertaking. It's hard to give you a sense of cost without know more about the application, size of the room and how labor intricate your pattern would be. The fabricator who installed this particular ceiling is not currently taking on new work, but if you are in the Chicago area we'd be happy to give you the names of a few other plaster contractors who may be able to provide quotes for the work. Please contact us at info@dspacestudio.com or (773) 432-2920. Thanks for your question and good luck with your project.

dSPACE Studio's portfolio of work can been seen at www.dspacestudio.com