Which landscape is your style?
Houzz Polls
June 5, 2012 in Polls
Get outside and vote! In which DC Landscape would you like to spend a late spring afternoon?

VOTE and let us know what you like about it!
by Plusen Landscape Architects
by Anthony Cusat
by Wheat's Landscape
by Cathy Carr, APLD
by Brown Davis Interiors, Inc.
Mona Ives
Anthony Cusat did a great mix between contemporary clean lines and lush greenery that creates a cozy place to be. I also love the pool. While I do like Brown Davis it's not really a place to sit, it's a gorgeous staircase...
June 5, 2012 at 3:31PM   
Marie Meko, Allied ASID
This was the hardest poll for me to vote on because every design was flawless! It really becomes a matter of life style and personal choice. I voted Wheats landscape because I would love looking at that in any season and that is important if you live in Minnesota where I currently reside.
Marie Meko
June 5, 2012 at 4:15PM     
inkwitch
I love the zen quality of the Brown Davis space (what would you call that?), but I want that black urn in Cusat and the lush garden of Plusan (plus a live-in gardener to take care of it!)
June 5, 2012 at 4:40PM   
dlglasky
I would have to say the Plusen landscape design. And most definitely not the Wheat's landscape design... Jes sayin'...
June 5, 2012 at 4:49PM     
Jamieson
Plusen Landscape has my vote. All the designs were lovely, this one just seems a little less manicured and wild...I like that!
June 5, 2012 at 6:00PM   
mmjmurphy
Definitely the Anthony Cusat clean and peaceful. The Plusen Landscape Architects clearly do not have to clean ALL those leaves from the trees out of that pool.....LOL
June 5, 2012 at 6:05PM   
zidog
I chose Plusen. I love the natural flowing curvature, the scale of the trees compared to the other small trees and shrubs. Of course I love the sunny pool and the hot tub too. I like having the multiple seating areas on different levels. I would be very relaxed there. It would be great for a party too. Totally love it.
June 5, 2012 at 8:15PM   
yvesun
All the gardens are beautiful! I like the open green space that Plusen Landscape Architects incorporated into the garden.
June 5, 2012 at 8:42PM   
Chandani
Anthony Cusat... beautiful.
June 5, 2012 at 8:56PM   
Jamieson
Hi mmjmurphy! I doubt that Anthony Cusat trims the shrubs and hedges, weeds the flower beds, mows the lawns and...could we vote for a rock and cacti garden instead? LOL!
June 5, 2012 at 9:11PM   
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
I voted for Wheat's. I've always loved formal, French inspired gardens. They smell so good.
June 5, 2012 at 10:04PM   
mmjmurphy
Hi Jamieson They may not pull weeds but their name has Landscape Architects in it
... architects are agents of both form and Function. The form... flawless the function...not so much LOL
June 5, 2012 at 10:36PM     
Judy Nini
Tough choice between Plusen Landscapes and Cathy Carr. Both look like landcscapes that you could have great conversations and food and memories on.
June 6, 2012 at 2:49AM     
rich0921
When looking through arbor at gate the arbor look to big, but it's the gate that's too small. It stop your eye from going through gate and looking at a nice green lawn where I dream of smell of a fresh cut lawn
June 6, 2012 at 3:13AM     
Anne Leche
I love the casual inviting atmosphere of the Plusen landscape. Informal, welcoming, and not stuffy - this is how I live.
June 6, 2012 at 5:17AM   
darellee
Anthony Cusat design would be my choice with it's promise of more than what you can immediately see. The design leads quite naturally from a modern, almost austere, setting to a contrasting landscape that could be beckoning you down around the bend to a secret garden.
June 6, 2012 at 5:27AM   
Kathy Harris
My vote is for Cathy Carr, Cozy for when you want to be alone yet the patio is large enough to have family & friends over. The landscape is "all natural" yet contained with in the patio area. Looks very easy to maintain. No gardner required!
June 6, 2012 at 5:34AM     
It really depends on the style of your home, but my personal choice would be "Anthony Cusat " which fits right between contemporary and traditional but still feels warm through the use of different textures and colors.
June 6, 2012 at 5:54AM   
annlandy
Translates most easily to a DC aa townhouse
June 6, 2012 at 5:54AM   
proactive design group
I voted for the cusat because i prefer that landscaping the most but i was very persuaded to vote for the wheat place because the architecture is so beautiful.
June 6, 2012 at 7:00AM   
Robyn
I voted for Cusat though I did not like the tile that he used, I really liked the design and the pool. I would have done bluestone or something simpler. I have a very mid century modern home and this design would compliment it. I liked most of the other designs as well.
June 6, 2012 at 7:05AM   
It's funny because I haven't really thought about what kind of landscape I really like, but it became apparent pretty quickly after looking at the different styles. I went Plusen.
June 6, 2012 at 9:29AM   
Pat Manning-Hanson, ASID
I would prefer to spend the afternoon in Cathy Carr's landscape because of the more intimate scale of the out door "room" that has been created. It feels enclosed, yet there is a beconing trellis and gate that draw you out of the space to explore other "rooms". It would be a great space to enjoy alone or with family and friends.
June 6, 2012 at 9:38AM     
faith4
I Love the lovely contain freestyle of the garden, with privacy for family and gathering.
June 6, 2012 at 9:39AM   
rich0921
P.L. A. get my vote with the woods around pool. I want to have a nude party & play.
June 6, 2012 at 1:12PM   
oliveflowers
Oh my! Each one has its own appeal - i love every one of these designs and would enjoy sitting out at a different one each day! Formal, chic, casual - love 'em all!
June 10, 2012 at 4:46AM   
cyclee
Plusen Landscape Architects got my vote because it offers a varieties of different relaxation, either by sitting at the table, by the pool, or just laying on the grass in the open space and still offers enough privacy to do all of the above. When I'm outdoor relaxing, the wide open space actually makes me uncomfortable and feeling exposed.
June 11, 2012 at 3:46PM   
Anne Leche
I liked Plusen Landscape best. I prefer a comfy cozy atmosphere and it seemed to accommodate that kind of feeling. I agree with cyclee that wide open spaces, although pretty to look at, do not evoke a feeling of hospitality.
June 12, 2012 at 8:16AM     
momof5x
I voted for Cathy Carr's Landscape, I liked the first one too but Cathy's was more functional, practical, easy to manage, not too big, relaxing, and also great for outdoor family/guest dinners outside. Easy accessible from porch as well makes a big difference.
June 13, 2012 at 11:14AM   
Anina Salerno_Aita
I agree with momof5x. Cathy's design looked completely relaxing and seemed more homelike to me. They were each beautiful, but hers is what I would like my home to be--welcoming instead of "dressed to impress",
October 19, 2012 at 9:41AM   
Pat Manning-Hanson, ASID
Hi , I hadn't even thought about the accessibility from the house, but I agree with momof5x that the easy access from the porch and the patio doors adds to the usability and welcoming ( per Anina)qualities of the space.
October 19, 2012 at 10:05AM   
Keerthi Naidu
I'll vote for any landscape with a pool, but I had to go for the one by Plusen Landscape Architects. It just looks like the perfect place to have family and friends over!
October 19, 2012 at 10:12AM   
Cusat's design has it all. Art and "nature's math" at it's best.
October 19, 2012 at 1:44PM   
Which desk is more your style?
If you had to choose a desk from these two options...
Beautiful Entry Doors-Which one is Your Style?
These are just a few of the gorgeous entry doors that...
Which Patio Door is Your Style?
There are many options to accomplish the indoor/outdoor...
TABLESCAPE: Which dishes best reflect your entertaining style?
It's that time of year- we are gearing up to see our...
NEW HOME.....BLANK SLATE!
We recently moved in and am ready to decorate! I have...
Repainting Dormers on a Cape Cod....HELP!
Actually, I want to repaint all the siding on our mottled...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
Curtain panel selection-
Which is a better fit for this place? The beige or...