Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laurelhollow

What works best bronze or nickel fixtures in a bath like this?

laurelhollow
11 years ago
I have a similar bath with brown walls and wainscoting. What looks best with white pedestal sink-bronze or nickel sink hardware and light fixture??
Powder Room · More Info

Comments (4)

• sharleeg
    11 years ago
    brushed nickel can work just fine with bronze lt fixture in same room Just not polished chrome.It depends a lot on the style too.. if it is more Old World, bronze id better and most fxtures tend to be very Old World style. It is very difficult to even find oil rubbed bronze that isn't very curvey, European look.
  • laurelhollow
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you for your comment. However what I meant to ask was-what looks better with the brown painted walls and wainscoting-bronze or nickel fixtures?
  • sharleeg
    11 years ago
    oh, either one can work. I have brushed nickel personally in my own dark brown powder room. I t is very dressy bath and i used a Venetian glass chandelier and sconces.
  • PRO
    Veranda Estate Homes Inc.
    11 years ago
    I prefer either a polished nickel (shiny not brushed) or an brushed brass finish with the brown walls, which was used in the image above. Oil rubbed bronze is a dated finish for fixtures and faucets and the trend has passed. Kohler has a wide range of faucets in a finish called Vibrant Brushed Bronze that is beautiful...
    http://www.ca.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?from=thumb&frm=&module=Lavatory+Faucets&item=22818802&prod_num=T343-4M&section=2&category=8&resultPage=0-827125740