How did you do the house numbers on the door?
June 11, 2012 in Photo Questions
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
One possible way is- Home depot sells a plastic type material in a roll. (they sell one that looks like stain glass, frosted, etc.) I have used the frost glass and applied it to a window for privacy. It isn't hard to do and doesn't look tacky. Take your time and measure correctly but, then it is applied with water only - it looks great and can be easily removed if you decide you want a change. You would have to cut the number out carefully and apply the material on the inside of the door - Remember to cut the number out so it will not be backwards when you apply it.
The other way is to call some glass stores they can likely sand blast it on - permanent solution or a printing place that does signs on car windows can also print it for you to apply with a sticky material.
Have fun with it!
December 26, 2012 at 8:38am     
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Union Studio, Architecture & Community Design
This was actually a custom sand blast / etch from a local glass place. This said - it can be done yourself or through a number of suppliers who do applied films to get the same effect. We have this kind of product on our office entrance doors and you can't tell the difference unless you get up close and personal.
April 22, 2013 at 12:33pm     
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Recessed lighting
Which recessed lighting casts the most war, cozy feel...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Huge mistake on flooring choices
We are building a new home. The builder put so much...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Ideas for accessorizing a fillable lamp
The lamp is on a screened porch in a suburban setting....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™