Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lucygoosy

Ideas for a similar challenge?

lucygoosy
11 years ago
This looks like a great use of space, is this a small closet? or the end of a room made into a bed "cubby". I need ideas for my tiny bedroom project:
I have a 6 1/2 foot x11 foot room. I wish to put a 48 inch wide, approx 74-80 inch long bed (I have 48" wide antique metal head and foot boards") to run horizontally along the 11 foot length, under the window (like a window seat, but is a daily use bed for an adult). I need ideas for building deep closet/cupboards, storage/shelves on either end of the bed area, and for building a bed base with drawers/storage. Since I only have the head and footboards, I can choose the 'length" of the bed. Will have to order custom mattress, though I understand that RV mattresses are often this width. Useable space is my goal, and space is obviously at a premium. I am a beginner diy , so looking to do this with very easy plans, or inexpensive readimade ideas. I do not mind repurposing furnature, so open to all ideas. Did I say also on a budget?
A Shelter Island fisherman's cottage · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    SchappacherWhite Architecture D.P.C.
    11 years ago
    It is a corner of a room in a pool house. The sofa-bed is a pullout from IKEA with drawers below. A foam mattress can be made to any size, just do not use fitted sheets. www.dixiefoam.com