Why don't you just give all of the information when you post the pics?
artpieces
June 13, 2012 in Photo Questions
Shannon Ggem ASID
I cannot speak for Ellen Grasso, Inc (whose fantastic room is in the photo), but I have many photos up on Houzz and for me, it's a couple of reasons.

One reason is that I need to reference project notes for every photo and it takes a minute.

Also, I often have the painter change color tint on site if it's not looking exactly how I want it, I have cabinetry custom built, I have floor stains mixed and sampled, so it's not just an off the shelf stain color.

I may by sample furniture pieces that never went into production or have it built, or modify it in a way that naming the piece does not tell the whole story. So there'd be no cabinet info, no paint color name, no stain name, no furniture source, etc.

There's just no pertinent information to share sometimes!

Hope that sheds some light on it. Good luck with your projects.
4 Likes   June 13, 2012 at 8:09AM
straus
Thank you. It makes sense and thanks for the explanation.
0 Likes   June 13, 2012 at 8:16AM
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
Thanks for that answer, Shannon! There are so many variables and it's time consuming to figure out what would be pertinent for someone else. I have tons of pictures up. Some get lots of interest and some get none. What someone online is interested in might not be anything that I thought of as "of interest." I decided to keep it simple and just answer inquiries as they come through. What's interesting is that I am the builder of the houses I feature, but most questions involve decorating or furniture. I know some of the answers and the rest I refer to the decorator.
1 Like   June 13, 2012 at 1:36PM
browncarlson
Thanks for that perspective, Shannon. I think many people, myself included would like to know exactly where to get similar items. Perhaps the decorator could add a companion section (Decorator Notes) to the Info section about the items in the room. Sometimes you don't just want to add a replica of a piece that you see on design sites. You want the piece featured....All of the Designers are awesome on this site!
0 Likes   August 3, 2012 at 10:26PM
andrea920
We are building a house and I have a small area I'm making a computer nook and would like to build in a corner side by side desk areas like I think you have here for the kids to do homework and crafts. Not enough room for the awesome island :-(. Do you have another view of this room better showcasing the desks with chairs? Thank you!
0 Likes   October 23, 2012 at 1:14PM
kitchen countertops: marble vs granite
pros and cons of marble vs granite kitchen countertops....
Where should I place a kitchen table?
Hello - We are building a house and I need to finalize...
Mid 60's Split - Exterior Paint Help!
Hi all, We are trying to narrow down some paint choices...
New Townhouse, need Paint Color help!
New townhome in Denver (I thought in contrast to the...
Very small space,open plan
I have a very small space. It's an open plan and the...