Any ideas for window treatments here?
Lee Ann Burkhart Interiors
I am redoing this family room. I am thinking of using drapery panels for the lower windows, and leave the second story windows open. Or some kind of plantation shutter work better? What do you think? Also, what would you do with the mantel and fireplace?
kwistina
Christopher Lowell had the perfect solution to a similar problem several years ago-He started the curtains below the arch of the second set of windows, and they came all the way down to the floor. It adds elegance, drama, and impact, while taking care of the "this space feels too open and somehow empty" problem that floor to ceiling windows typically have. As for the middle window? Not really sure. You will have to play around, but a valance may be the only help you have for that one. Closing out all light from that window negates its purpose and makes it look like a last minute additon. Hope that helps!
June 13, 2012 at 9:26pm   
kellypotter
Lovely room. If privacy is not necessary I would leave the top windows alone. The two that flank the fireplace I would either use a neutral coloured linen simple roman shade or a bamboo blind with side panels off the outside of the window (again neutral coloured linen with a black curtain rod).
June 13, 2012 at 9:31pm   
Manon Floreat
I like the idea of panels on the lower ones and leaving the uppers unadorned. Here's one that did that to very nice effect:

Living Room

If you want to emphasize the height, here's an example with some drama. You'd of course have to choose materials according your preferences:

Family Room

I like the mantel that you have. I think it works well with the stone. Some lighting installed above the fireplace will be a nice way to highlight the stonework and art you have on the mantel.

Open Living Room

Hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck!
June 13, 2012 at 11:06pm   
Similar to Manon's picture, I would have the drapery hung from the ceiling down the entire wall of windows.

June 14, 2012 at 7:26am     
Window Treatment - Any Hunter Douglas experts here?
I have a question for anyone with Hunter Douglas experience....
Any ideas for bay window treatment for home office?
My problem is figuring out how to deal with the angles...
Window treatments. any design ideas.
We are replacing heavy, formal pleated drapes and was...
Any window treatment ideas??
Hello, I just moved in and would love some ideas for...
How do I hide these ugly speakers?!
These speakers ruin the aesthetics of the room, how...
I am lost. Please help with this room...
I feel like the couches need to be centered because...
Reclaimed wood coffee table accessories
Hi guys, We were looking to dress up and accessorize...
Help arranging furniture in living room
Hi, I can't decide what's the best furniture arrangement...
What do you miss most about your parent's house?
It could be a particular piece of furniture, the smell,...