Any ideas for window treatments here?
Lee Ann Burkhart Interiors
I am redoing this family room. I am thinking of using drapery panels for the lower windows, and leave the second story windows open. Or some kind of plantation shutter work better? What do you think? Also, what would you do with the mantel and fireplace?
kwistina
Christopher Lowell had the perfect solution to a similar problem several years ago-He started the curtains below the arch of the second set of windows, and they came all the way down to the floor. It adds elegance, drama, and impact, while taking care of the "this space feels too open and somehow empty" problem that floor to ceiling windows typically have. As for the middle window? Not really sure. You will have to play around, but a valance may be the only help you have for that one. Closing out all light from that window negates its purpose and makes it look like a last minute additon. Hope that helps!
    Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 9:26PM
kellypotter
Lovely room. If privacy is not necessary I would leave the top windows alone. The two that flank the fireplace I would either use a neutral coloured linen simple roman shade or a bamboo blind with side panels off the outside of the window (again neutral coloured linen with a black curtain rod).
    Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 9:31PM
Manon Floreat
I like the idea of panels on the lower ones and leaving the uppers unadorned. Here's one that did that to very nice effect:

Living Room

If you want to emphasize the height, here's an example with some drama. You'd of course have to choose materials according your preferences:

Family Room

I like the mantel that you have. I think it works well with the stone. Some lighting installed above the fireplace will be a nice way to highlight the stonework and art you have on the mantel.

Open Living Room

Hope this gives you some ideas. Good luck!
    Bookmark   June 13, 2012 at 11:06PM
Similar to Manon's picture, I would have the drapery hung from the ceiling down the entire wall of windows.

1 Like    Bookmark   June 14, 2012 at 7:26AM
Window treatment ideas for room of windows??
I have a small tv room with 3 walls of windows and...
cmcole01
Any window treatment ideas for my living room?
I would like to put 2" cream wood blinds, do you think...
manalo818
Any window treatment suggestions?
My new home's living room has several windows. (5 in...
margieh21
What window treatments do I do here?
I have three tall, skinny windows in my dining room....
stiley
Heather Rockwell Interiors
Ugliest fireplace ever, and need help for the whole area!
I need some ideas for my new home! These pics are of...
adhp
Backsplash Help - Is this too different?
We are installing White Shaker perimeter cabinets,...
rrwahle
Help finish decorating my living room!
We recently finished a major remodeling, enlarging...
cjhp22
White or beige bathroom
This is my kids bathroom. Beige tile, beige floor,...
Krista Collins Garland
Want to update my never been finished living /dining room.
Need to work with the sofa and striped chair and...
Anne Berry