need color advice great room with kitchen, family and dining

hboudrJune 16, 2012
we have med dark maple raised panel kitchen cabinets with crema bordeau granite on countertops and on a 12 x 4 island; back splash is crema marfil marble 2" x 5" pillow tiles; black ceramic induction stove; stainless appliances; flooring in kitchen is italian porcelain crema marfil 18" x 18". Flooring to be installed soon in dining and family room is red oak select. In family room is a 14' wide lower bank of same cabinets as kitchen and with same crema bordeau granite upon which sits our 52" LED tv. Fireplace wall in family room just right of tv area is painted lei flower (red/orange), with white dove woodwork and the same italian porcelain as kitchen for the hearth and fireplace surround. fireplace is black gas insert. The plan is for dove white bookcases to flank fireplace with bookcase backs to be painted SW lei flower.

we painted the kitchen and dining SW frangipani and it is horrible, so we are trying to decide what color for the kitchen wall & soffit and dining room wall (1 wall only) rest is glass with north view of mountains. Any ideas would be appreciated.

We are from louisiana and have an large original watercolor painting (cajun type) of bayou, swamp with cypress trees, old cajun house etc which picks up lei flower color. Our son just recently restored and printed 4 old black and white photos of buildings, boat etc on the gulf and framed in black. I am feeling that I would like to have the wall behind the tv a blue/green color but not sure if that would be too much color, but feel it would be beautiful with black and white photos the cabinets and the granite. With 40 foot of floor to ceiling glass facing north, the only color that stood up aginst the north light has been the SW lei flower.

Was also wondering if I could use that blue/green to replace the SW frangipani. any and all color suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi hboudr, Did you settle on colors for your rooms? Would love to hear what you chose and see how it turned out. Any pics you can share?
    Bookmark   November 26, 2012 at 3:14PM
Need advice for family room and informal kitchen nook area.
Wanting to add color and change accessories, pillows,...
sandieleegarcia
Need help with my open concept kitchen, family room, dining area.
Family/living room wall in open concept FL home. This...
dziedzic
Need help with rugs for family room and dining room in one space
Hi! We just had hard wood floors put in the whole...
dmahlermarx
Need specialist advice for seamless movement from family room to kitch
I am updating my newly purchased house. I want the...
Britt
Please help with furniture layout - 12.4x22 living room
I have no clue where to even start with designing a...
baylor30
Master Bedroom Remodel
This is a picture of the Master Bedroom, just before...
iknowclc
Help me accessorize my great room!
our artist has finally completed our 8'x3' painting,...
Alana Chernecki
Hanging pictutes
I'm not sure if I like the art one one each side of...
mooremomaz
Surprise Girlfriend with Total Makeover - need help! *dog included :))
Hey guys, my girlfriend will be away for a few months...
Andrei Ionescu
Sponsored Products
Black and Chrome Metal 48-inch Bar Table
Overstock.com
Calhoun Armless Chair - Key Largo Ruby Red
Joybird Furniture
Paramount Six-Light - Polished Nickel with Polished Nickel Metal Shade - Semi -
Bellacor
Armen Living South Beach Sofa - Cream Slip Cover - LC20343CR
Hayneedle
Beige Cushion Seven-Piece All-Weather Urbana Dining Set
$1,499.99 | zulily
Window Back Counter Stools (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Area Rug: Touch of Ikat Green/Cream 5' x 7' 6"
Home Depot
Area Rug: Triexta Dock 4' x 6'
Home Depot