Love the floor, what is it?
buzmckinley
June 17, 2012 in Photo Questions
Precision Cabinets
Hello buzmckinley, thank you for your question! Unfortunately PC&T is only involved in the design, manufacture, and installation of custom cabinetry and we cannot provide information pertaining to other elements within the photos. If you have any questions regarding cabinetry we welcome you to call (925) 634-5552 or email us at marketing@4PCT.com. Thank you!
June 18, 2012 at 8:01am   
2hyperkids
DuChateau pre-engineered floors in Lugano
June 19, 2012 at 4:41am   
mollylilylucy
Love the floor, but I am very confused because I brought the Lugano sample home along with the San Tropez and it looks more like the San Tropez. Can you tell me if Lugano is correct?
June 19, 2012 at 5:30am   
2hyperkids
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0614293210436.html%3F17174
scroll down and you will see more pics of kitchen.
I am not the owner just a fan/stalker. whatever you prefer to call me:)
June 19, 2012 at 7:03am   
chenxiwang
Mollylilylucy. I have the same impression - this looks more like San Tropez. However, the garden web URL does tell the whole story. I did exactly the same thing - checked out samples of Lugano and San Tropez, and still am having trouble deciding on which one. Did you decide on one or the other and are you happy with it? San Tropez is lighter but looks to me a bit yellow.
September 5, 2012 at 11:17pm   
mollylilylucy
chenxiwang Purchased Lugano, not even close. Decided to go with hard wood custom with a white wash and love the sample, but it has not yet been installed. Aside from the color , Lugano was a little too rustic for my taste when I saw the sample down. It was a $450.00 lessen but still better than having a floor put down and not liking it at all. Choosing floors hardest decision in entire remodel project!
September 6, 2012 at 1:30am   
chenxiwang
Do you mean that after you ordered, Lugano turned out to be different from its sample? I saw a few pictures of Lugano online, some look really good, others are a bit dark. My house doesn't get a ton of natural light, so I'm leaning towards San Tropez, which seems more polished than Lugano (which does have a rustic look to it), though I am still a bit concerned about the yellow undertone in San Tropez. You are right, flooring is a difficult decision, and it's the last thing that I have to order...
September 6, 2012 at 9:36am   
mollylilylucy
I purchased 2 boxes of Lugano to see how it would look because the sample did not seem the same as the pictures. When the installer placed the planks together on the floor, it didn't look at all like the pictures, or the sample that I purchased on line. In person it seemed very drab to me. It has an oiled finish and very little change in color from one plank to another. That is why I decided to go to hardwood, I just could not find the finish I was looking for in engineered. There is also a yearly maintenance on the Lugano. Good Luck Hope this helps.
September 6, 2012 at 12:31pm   
chenxiwang
I wish I have that option. My floor is concrete slab so pretty much engineered wood is the only way to go. But purchasing a small amount to see how it looks is a great idea. I will have to do that. Thanks for the tip. Also, what do you mean by the "yearly maintenance"? Is it required for all engineered wood?
September 6, 2012 at 1:58pm     
mollylilylucy
Hi,

I don't know about other brands, but Du Chateau on it's web site states that there is a product you should buy from them to treat your floor yearly I believe to maintain its color and character. I suggest you go on their web site. I did, and even called customer service . I did ask them about the color of the floors and they said it wasn't exactly accurate due to the lighting in the photos.
September 6, 2012 at 2:46pm   
chenxiwang
Thanks Mollylilylucy. You have been extremely helpful. I am sure your hardwood floor will look fabulous!
September 6, 2012 at 5:18pm   
mollylilylucy
Thank you. Good luck with yours.
September 7, 2012 at 3:11am   
lesliemahler
I too love this floor. For some reason I got in my head that the floors are from BR111 (but I can't vouch for that). I have gotten a sample of their Kingsbridge Oak and it does look very similar. Haven't researched the care yet. Here's the link: http://www.br111.com/hardwoodfloors/pc/KingsBridge-Oak-Engineered-c165.htm . Now I'm off to try and order the Du Chateau sample. Good luck and please share anything else you find out as it seems we are both after the same flooring.
September 7, 2012 at 10:00am   
chenxiwang
LeslieMahler: What is the price point of the KingsBridge line? Thanks.
September 7, 2012 at 10:47am   
lesliemahler
Chenxiwang - $9.18 per square foot. Here's the link: http://www.br111.com/hardwoodfloors/pc/KingsBridge-Oak-c300.htm
September 8, 2012 at 10:41am   
Ideas for dated kitchen in old cape cod
Hi everyone, Awesome site first of all. My fiancé...
Entry Way Guidance
I would love to get thoughts on ways to make my entry...
Photo-realistic visuals and detailed 3D models in Los Angeles?! :)
We bought a new house in the Los Angeles area and would...
Can't decide on black granite kitchen
Is black granite hard to keep clean. Also polished...