Where can I find a floor to ceiling pocket door like this one?
carowl
June 17, 2012 in Photo Questions
I want to install a floor to ceiling pocket door with frosted glass like this one. Where can my contractor and I get such a door?
tonimoss
I have the same question, has anyone answered it?
   July 5, 2012 at 2:52PM
Supa Doors
This design is gaining popularity of having a frosted or "white lami" glass bathroom door. It provides light but is opaque enough to provide privacy.
I would guess this door is 8 or 9ft tall based on the lock location, and is being used in a pocket application. (we did one of these with a panel in 10 ft tall!!) It shouldn't be too terribly difficult for a contractor to install. In my mind what makes this stand out (in addition to your major observation that it is floor to ceiling) is the lack of casing around the frame. This minimalist approach really makes the door feel like part of the wall vs. a separate entity. I'm not sure if this is one of our Supa Doors, but with that smooth finish could certainly be an MDF door. A local millwork should be able to source this fairly easily. Be sure to ask for a top woodedge for reinforcement in a pocket application like this. Warranty coverage should be a limited lifetime if up to an 8 foot tall door. Best of luck!!
4 Likes   August 13, 2012 at 8:47PM
lmmst
i found the lights ! they're from urban archeology
   May 1, 2014 at 8:10AM
Decorating Moroccan/Middle Eastern Living Room AROUND roommate's sofa!
I recently moved into an apartment, and I'm dying to...
Let's play hide and seek
Ok. In the process of remodeling the whole family room....
Please HELP!! Questions regarding a 12x12 bedroom! PLEASE & THANKS IN
So I'm currently re-doing/renovating my home however...
Living room design
I need to know what to do behind the sofa? Is the mirror...
Best Brand of Paint?
I've never thought a lot about the brand of paint I...