5 Outdoor Kitchens! Which one is really cooking?
Houzz Polls
June 17, 2012 in Polls
These are not your average outdoor BBQ's. Here are 5 outdoor kitchens recently featured in the Houzz Article, "10 Outdoor Kitchens to Flip Over." Which one gets your vote as the ultimate in outdoor cooking?

VOTE and let us know what you like about it!

Read the full article here: http://bit.ly/Keg0YF
Chicago Rooftop - Chicago Green Design
Swim up Bar - AMS Landscape Design Studios
Porch Kitchen - Frederick + Frederick Architects
The Hillside House - SB Architects
Aptos - Randy Thueme Design Inc. - Landscape Architecture
I love the view on the rooftop, but I feel like I could hang out for a LONG time in The Hillside House.
June 17, 2012 at 5:21PM   
Lynne Barton Bier - Home on the Range Interiors
We just finished a blog at blog.homeontherangeinteriors.com featuring some wonderful outdoor kitchens we found on Houzz. This was one of the kitchens we featured!
June 17, 2012 at 8:44PM   
momof5x
The Hillside House has a warm touch to it. Especially nice if weather is unpredictable.
June 17, 2012 at 10:54PM   
cdemosthenous
I feel like the Aptos is the most realistic one. I understand everyone does designs to look cool, but which ones are actually functional and feasible to have is a different story.
June 18, 2012 at 12:03AM   
Diann
Swim up bar gets my vote. Summer kitchens are beautiful in many ways but I think I feel better about the grill being outside instead of inside a room for safety reasons as well. Looks like such a inviting place to have family and friends over with the pool to cool off in and the shade as well, to me is much more inviting and practical. Love the views of the Chicago top but where is the shade and how about the wind as well. Porch kitchen is nice and a great place to entertain but I have been inside enclosed summer kitchens and even with the grill being vented to the outside a lot of smoke can still flare up , can take over and ruin a good time. So for this I say keep the grill outside in fresh air. Aptos doesn't show me any comfort even though its very practical and safer but one thing I like about it I bet the view off of this space is beautiful.
June 18, 2012 at 12:57AM     
Reico Kitchen & Bath
Love the swim up bar and the option it provides of approaching from pool side or land side.
June 18, 2012 at 6:54AM   
Liza Hausman
Hard decision but I went with Aptos because of the wood fire pizz oven
June 18, 2012 at 8:33AM   
Anita Roll Murals
To swim up to coctails, food and fireplace in view is fabulous. Swim up bar for me please.
June 18, 2012 at 11:10AM   
Marie Meko, Allied ASID
This is tough because your question is what is the ultimate in outdoor cooking. The swim up bar is great but you do not see the cooking area. I see a great pizza oven. Two of the rooms are enclosed. So after much thought I went with the space that made my heart sing!!! The Hillside house....I love the view from the opposite direction when I looked at the total project.
Marie Meko
June 18, 2012 at 2:09PM   
front door needs some help please
i would like to my front door to be more bright and...
Knotty pine and colors
This was my grandma's house and we want to keep the...
Cork floors
Can I seal cork flooring with a polyurethane?
"Best wood to match mahogany furniture and brown leather couch"
I have to replace red oak three-strip flooring in kitchen...