Why is Gibsons included here?

PJShepJune 17, 2012
Again, Gibsons is not in Vancouver.
Dawna Jones Design · More Info
Dawna Jones Design
Close enough!
    Bookmark   July 11, 2012 at 9:23PM
Among Giants
yeah, why does it matter? leave it.
    Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 7:55PM
PJShep
I'd hate to hire you as designers - you'd never find my house! LOL
    Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 12:46PM
Among Giants
Look, I don't know what kind of weird thing is happening here. No one cares but you. And if you'd like to lose out on terrific design (or in my case - unique art and furniture) because you think Gibsons shouldn't be a location point near Vancouver, then go decorate via your next door neighbor. It doesn't matter to me. I'll be fine. Now if you'll excuse me, I've been hand sanding cracks in 100-year-old 12" X 12" fir timbers to make a stellar bed frame for a client, and it's time for a warm bath. BTW, he lives in Squamish NEAR VANCOUVER. Cheers. /kh.
    Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 10:05PM
PJShep
Well, shiver me timbers! I thinks it's funny. You're spewing venom. I hope you're able to get rid of all that anger and negativity on your "cracks"!
    Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 10:23AM
Dawna Jones Design
Actually everyone, technically Gibsons is considered part of the mainland we just take a ferry to get there and we are not an island. Who knew this would cause such flack. Lol.
    Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 2:04PM
PJShep
I didn't say Gibsons wasn't part of the mainland or that it's an island. It's just not Vancouver. Nor is Coquitlam, Burnaby, Delta, Langley, etc. just because they are located on the mainland and are close to Vancouver. The names of these cities cannot be used interchangeably with Vancouver. No big deal. Just don't say Gibsons is Vancouver when it's not. Simple.
    Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 3:20PM
Among Giants
Why don't you read The Way of Zen by Alan Watts and then get back to me. You don't know what you're talking about, again. I'm far from angry, it's your perception. I"m quite happy today and most of the time. That Gibsons is not part of Vancouver - is your perception. As I said, nobody cares. When I'm in Australia, I just say Vancouver if I'm talking Burnaby, Mission, Langley or Abbotsford. This is what we are trying to say to you because you seem to care and overall I don't really care whether you think it is or is not near Vancouver. It's not even funny. It's nothing it all. This is a 20 second email in my day. It's small. The principle I guess is that you're telling me how to think and I'm telling you that I don't care about what you are saying. It's that simple. You're a mild amusement at best. A sort of itch that I can't decide whether to scratch. There's no funny comebacks I'm waiting for, no curiosity about what a (probable) placid life you live, or anything of the sort. Even if you wrote back that you had the key to enlightenment, I wouldn't write back. You have no clue about me and it appears about anything especially relavant. Anyone who decides to talk someone down who is working as a designer and is stating that she/he is willing to include Vancouver as a reference point appears petty. Good God, it's just a friggin' reference point. I paint things that people buy. I build things that people buy and internally I'm happy doing it. In my full time career I work in emergency services and I save peoples lives just like you. It could even be you one day. So while you float along this river of life doing all the seemingly superficial things that you do (basing that on your simplistic statements), I simply ask this: Go and do what you do and stay away from me. You're not witty, you're boring. You can at least spell. You have that going for you. Good bye.
    Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 10:54PM
PJShep
For someone who doen't "care", you sure have a lot to say.
    Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 11:05PM
Why did I buy a seafoam green couch? Now what to paint the walls?
I bought a seafoam green couch for the sun room and...
mishel4
Why would this photo be included as having architecturl merit?
The houses in the Australian Lifestyle Design Studio...
safronpixi
Why Do You Live Where You Live? Tell us what you love or hate about your location?
I was just thinking how this is a great forum to learn...
designideas4me
Kitchen cabinets- leave honey oak or paint white? Mocked up photo included
Would really appreciate opinions on weather painting...
adambroderick
Ideas for backyard space to include deck,pavers,awning, shade sail, spa???
Would like some ideas to add to backyard landscaping...
desertratgardener
Help! How to finish tile backsplash !!!!!!!!
How do I finish my backsplash?! Do I just leave it...
kaylawahl74
Need help for Great Room Wall
It is kind of hard to see in this picture but we ran...
sgladden
Weird layout- need help!
We just bought this house and need some ideas for the...
rkdeiber
Living room is too....blah :(
I just can't make this room work no matter what I do!...
kali_rae
Windows with grid inside or outside?
We are replacing the original windows on our Cape Cod...
Lauren Perego
Sponsored Products
Malibu 5 Piece Outdoor Patio Sofa Set in White Turquoise
$1,309.00 | LexMod
54" Fanimation Zonix Satin Nickel Ceiling Fan
Lamps Plus
Inspire Brushed Nickel One-Light Pendant with Beige Linen Shade
$133.29 | Bellacor
Kingston Brass Fauceture EV4256 Artisan Vessel Sink - EV4256
$129.97 | Hayneedle
The Aspen Collection 5 Piece Dining Set
Overstock.com
Carnevale Kandinsky Gold Torch Wall Sconce by Oggetti Luce
$242.00 | Lumens
Gray Rosalia Ruffled Comforter Set
$99.99 | zulily
RainShield Chaise Cover
$89.50 | FRONTGATE