two different blues
soontoretire
June 20, 2012 in Photo Questions
I was wondering if you can mix two different blues in the same room? It looks like the walls in this room is a teal color and the benches and chair and window seat cushions are a smoky blue. I never would have thought you could do this, but it looks wonderful. What does anyone else think? Thanks!
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
I am guessing that the walls are a textured wallcovering incorporating several shades of blue, one of which was brought out into the upholstery. Beautifully done.
1 Like   June 21, 2012 at 3:55PM
soontoretire
Yes, it is!
1 Like   June 21, 2012 at 3:58PM
Plantcrone (Elle)
Yes you can match shade of the same color as long as you stay in the same 'family'..with your teals, stay in the same blue-teal and not green teal..it can make a difference. I think the room is lovely. If you check out a page of fabrics you can see all the different shades of blue-teal and green - teal on line..heres a friendly url for a great fabric house http://www.fabric.com/SearchResults2.aspx?Source=Header&SearchText=teal+blue&CategoryID=1d5f47dc-9991-4088-93f3-26a376046a5e

Also, with a base of the blues, it's easy to pul in some greys and other neutrals as well as a print.
1 Like   June 21, 2012 at 4:13PM
soontoretire
Thank you so much. :)
0 Likes   June 21, 2012 at 4:17PM
cjhp
I also believe that many (though not all) blues can be mixed and used together in the same room. Take cues from nature... think of the many shades of blue found in an ocean view. If the shades blend well together, why not?
0 Likes   September 7, 2012 at 7:44PM
" Potbelly or insert woodburning fireplace?"
We are adding a new livingroom to our house in Colorado....
Kitchen hardware
My home is a 25 yr. old colonial. Oak everywhere!...
Need Help in finding a location of the TV/Radio
We are trying to find a spot for the TV and didn't...
Need Help Choosing New Furniture
This is our living room which is the entry point from...
Color for garage door, shutters, front door-curb appeal!
Hi everyone, this is my friend and neighbor's house....