Which one of these 6 popular Minneapolis kitchens gets your vote?
Houzz Polls
June 20, 2012 in Polls
These 6 photos are some of the most popular kitchens by Minneapolis-based professionals on Houzz. Which one is the best of the bunch?

VOTE and let us know what you like about it!
Cook's Paradise - Martha O'Hara Interiors
Lake Country Kitchen - Lake Country Builders
Woolman Woods Model - Gonyea Homes & Remodeling
Historic St. Paul Renovation - John Kraemer & Sons
1929 Estate - RLH Studio
Medina Luxury Home Tour - L. Cramer Builders + Remodelers
momof5x
They are all really stunning but the first one has my vote for various reasons which are based on what would suit me. I like the large island, great for both for making dough, same time enough room for anyone to sit around, and length wise it is facing cooking area. I love those little cupboards next to the cooking range area too.
1 Like   June 20, 2012 at 11:48AM
I would like one of each. I love all of them, but I voted for the Historic St. Paul Renovation. I love the different finishes and the chandeliers. LOVE.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 12:12PM
mamallama
Love none of them. Like Medina. The biggest flaw (in my opinion) is that the cooking and sink areas are so far apart. If I am cooking alone, I want them to be as close as possible while not having too little counter space between. The Medina has lots of interactive seating for entertaining. Ovens, fridges, and pantry cabinets can be more distant since I don't spend so much time there.
1 Like   June 20, 2012 at 12:25PM
nethingsu
I like that there is no woodworking that surrounds the stove from above the vent. When removing a pot from the stove I want to be able to slide it over the counter and not lift around any decorative woodworking or cabinetry that is too close. I also think that an area of about 12-15 inches of stainless steel surrounding the stove/or stove/oven on both sides would be great so a cook would not have to worry about burning the counter.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 1:20PM
Barnhart Gallery
Too many delicious flavors to choose from!
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 1:26PM
Diann
loved lake Co so much and voted for it but if I lived in the right STATE I would have voted for sure Lake Country love the warmth that kitchen has but Medina seems to grab my eye as well love the eat in kitchen
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 1:30PM
pcmom1
This one seemed to be on the most human of scales of the 6. The 3rd one, Woolman, looked like they wanted to throw in every style!
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 1:32PM
Mona Ives
fantastic - Martha O'Hara your kitchen stands out amongst the crowd. I was tempted to vote historic, but it seems less practical - while I love the crystal chandeliers and all the beautiful details, it seemed just a wee bit too fussy for a kitchen :) Martha's had the right mix of luxury and practicality for me.
1 Like   June 20, 2012 at 1:36PM
michigammemom
Adore the Old World elegance of the Historic Renovation! I can just picture the grand and stately homes of the Cathedral Hill area.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 1:41PM
lyvia
I love the feel and texture of Lake Country, so I voted for that. But I hate barstools and so hope that trend dies before I fall off and hurt myself. Totally inappropriate for over fifty, or under five, or anyone with short legs, or a weight issue. That and I agree with Mamallama - a cook needs to be able to add or remove liquid from a pot on the stove without ballerina twirls. Give us a sink stove workspace, not a room with decorative pieces scattered throughout.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 2:42PM
I don't know if I want to cook in Lake Country Kitchen, but I sure would like to live in it!
1 Like   June 20, 2012 at 2:54PM
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
Voted Lake Country, I have a soft spot for lodge interiors.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 3:32PM
Jamieson
Voted Lake Country, love the finishes...not necessarily the layout!
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 4:27PM
myosotis
Love them all, except for the Lake Country, a bit to rustic for my taste.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 4:28PM
slc512
All are gorgeous, but I chose the Medina Luxury Home Tour because of the gorgeous windows (love the corner windows!)
1 Like   June 20, 2012 at 5:53PM
cherandra
the Lake Country because it makes me feel like I'm outside while inside cooking...I just love being outside!!!!
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 6:27PM
zsuzsikam
I like 1, 4, 5, and 6 for their earth tones and simple color schemes. Rich wood tones paired with off white bring a lovely calm to the kitchen. Love the checker board floor in number 6. Subway tile backsplash is always stylish and beautiful symmetry in the cabinetry in number 1 pleases the eye.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 6:40PM
zsuzsikam
This house is breathtaking!!!!! The colors and textures, marble floors and soothing bedroom colors and lovely green accented sitting rooms are so warm and inviting!! Loved seeing it.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 6:46PM
zsuzsikam
that is the 1929 estate.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 6:47PM
emes8346
Because it is awesome. I'm country and this is perfect....
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 7:09PM
lynnrww
Lake Country Kitchen is my favorite. Because it's gorgeous! I love all the woods! And am very tired of white kitchens.... very. blah.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 11:08PM
momof5x
I was thinking same thing as Mamallama-which is a valid point, as if you want to drain some foods from hot water, you need sink close by for safety reason too as you don't want to be carrying hot water with others around you. Some food you want to put back in pan straight away and back on heat.

Although I voted for the first one, Woolman's win on the point regarding sink being closer to cooking area-but would prefer the sink a little higher.
0 Likes   June 20, 2012 at 11:43PM
Jason Shepard
Lake Country is beautiful while also being "homey." I'm with lynnrww in that I despise sanitarium-style kitchens that feature white, white, and more white. Rich wood tones makes me want to downsize the Lake Country kitchen into my own home!
1 Like   June 21, 2012 at 2:50AM
Reico Kitchen & Bath
All so beautiful, but in the end I had to choose the Cook's Paradise. Love it!
1 Like   June 21, 2012 at 5:54AM
Brenda Reeves
Cook's Paradise. I love a white roomy kitchen.
1 Like   June 21, 2012 at 5:56AM
nethingsu
I voted for Historic St. Paul. Cook's Paradise would have gotten my vote if they had not blocked in the stove with woodworking. As big and beautiful as these kitchens are, I do not see a baking station incorporated.
0 Likes   June 21, 2012 at 9:44AM
The Frugal Parisian
I loved them all but Cramer Builder's had a perfect balance between elegance and rustic.
0 Likes   June 21, 2012 at 1:07PM
thomcat
The first choice (when all options are relatively close in quality) always wins. It's a survey design fact.
0 Likes   June 22, 2012 at 4:26PM
thomcat
Per my last comment, you can overcome the bias by randomizing the order of the options on every survey visit.
0 Likes   June 22, 2012 at 4:27PM
White and Dark Brown are timeless combination.
1 Like   June 22, 2012 at 5:08PM
cdas
I love the look of the Lake kitchen; however for greater efficiency and therefore a better experience every time I choose Martha's kitchen. The work triangle is very efficient. A sink in the island is a wonderfully practical feature. The window sink is perfect for musings, growing herbs, food prep on a perimeter wall. And it is pretty...lol, there's that.
1 Like   June 22, 2012 at 5:22PM
Which one of these popular Los Angeles kitchens gets your vote?
These photos are of some of the most popular kitchens...
Which one of these popular New York kitchens gets your vote?
Which one of these 5 popular London Bedrooms gets your vote?
These photos are of 5 of the most popular bedrooms...
Which one of these popular London Family Rooms gets your vote?
These photos are of some of the most popular family...
Which one of these popular Atlanta Porches gets your vote?
These photos are of some of the most popular porches...
shower curtains ceiling to floor?
when and why did we go to shower curtains from ceiling...
How do I make this bed work?
I bought this bed a month ago because I though the...
Need help decorating my fireplace and living room.
Could someone please provide some ideas on how to decorate...
Need help identifying this baby furniture item?
A friend gave this to me and told me it was a walker...