Paint Color
Janine Vetere
June 23, 2012 in Photo Questions
I checked both of those colors that were suggested..but they don't look as bold as this color. This is a great color if I can figure out what it is. I am painting my son's walls tomorow 204sq ft..this will look great...thanks!
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
My guess is that someone enhanced the colours in a computer photography program because I can't imagine that this room is as "neon" as this appears. If it were, I think it might even glow in the dark! Please don't paint your son's room this colour! If you like it that much, then maybe just paint a section on the wall that's the width of the bed, to act as an "accent headboard". Then paint the rest of the room in something neutral, say the white you're using as trim. Pop green and hot red into the room as accents... Then when he gets tired of the green you can change it to something else very easily.
June 23, 2012 at 1:56PM     
Janine Vetere
Thank you Cynthia..Yes, I was hoping to only do one wall...but since he really really really wants it this color..then if/when he gets tired of it..he'll have to join me and paint it the next color WE decide on.....he has never cared what his room looked like, etc...its the one small thing I can do for him, he's 10, so I've had 10 years of all my way....I'm sure we'll be painting it again in a few years...going with a tropical beach theme and tying quilt, decor into the theme..hoping this will take away some of the POW color! lol
June 23, 2012 at 2:23PM   
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
I understand, Janine. Sometimes we need to be flexible for our kids :) And when he's all grown up you'll both remember and laugh.

It reminds me of a story from when I was much younger. I moved out after university and my sister got my room. Mom and Dad got wallpaper books and suggested this one and that one to my sister. Finally my sister said "I want that one" and pointed to one with wild brown and yellow circles. Mom and Dad were surprised but they decided to indulge her. Well, my sister hated that room for as long as she lived there, BUT she never told anyone until long after she was married with kids of her own. She was just being obstinate and it bit her in the behind! LOL She thought Mom and Dad would say "oh that's ugly, let's find something else" but they didn't!
June 23, 2012 at 2:29PM   
Janine Vetere
that made me crack up! how hysterical! at least she has the memories!!! I don't think he realizes how POW IN YOUR FACE it's gonna look...but considering the other choices he suggested...I can agree with this one (purple, I said no, BRIGHT orange, I said no, Black, I said no), so Green it is....lol
June 23, 2012 at 3:28PM   
mochantiffany
i am jus doing the ceiling because i have paneling and white ceilings and was wanting to change it up..and neon green is my favorite color and i saw this and was amazed by it and was wondering wat it is so i can get it..any help???
July 3, 2012 at 11:58AM   
scullywag
Janine - I found your post interesting as my son is also 10 and this is the colour he posted his room, did you end up painting the whole room this colour and if so what is it like and what did you team it up with? Could you perhaps post a picture or email one to me on scullywag@xtra.co.nz. so hard to image a whole room like this ............
July 31, 2012 at 6:41PM   
Most hideous gift you've received for your house?
Friends and family always have the best intentions,...
Have to decide between alder wood or maple wood cabinets?
I have to decide between alder wood or maple wood cabinets....
Your Opinion
What do you think of the variety of colors on the cabinets?...
Help with updating living room furniture and decor
This is our living room, with 16-year-old Natuzzi leather...
Length / height of console table for large couch
Does anyone know any rules of thumb about how long...