Wondering if the heat from the fireplace is not a problem for the TV directly above it?
rosecottagehome
June 24, 2012 in Photo Questions
COASTROAD Hearth & Patio
There are several similar discussions on here, and the definitive answer is "Maybe".

Some fireplaces do not produce much heat, and the amount of heat that gets to the TV will also be influenced by the mantel shelf below the TV. The TV might be fine.

We don't recommend putting a TV over the fireplace, for a number of reasons, but at least half of the fireplaces we have installed have TVs installed above them. If you have a specific application in mind, it would be worth talking to your local fireplace experts.

In all the years we've been doing this, I've only seen one TV damaged by the heat from the fireplace, and it was an extreme situation (bad design).
June 25, 2012 at 6:13AM     
rosecottagehome
Thanks Tom for the reply. Because we would be designing the fireplace as a wood stove insert into a stone fireplace facade with mantel to help with the heating of the home, we will not place the TV above because the heat may be too much. Thanks again.
June 25, 2012 at 6:43AM     
COASTROAD Hearth & Patio
Good call. The radiant heat from a wood insert is much more intense than the heat from a typical open fireplace. You'll have to be careful about a wood mantel shelf, too. Pay close attention to the clearances in the installation manual for the insert.
June 25, 2012 at 6:56AM   
rosecottagehome
Greatly appreciate the prompt reply before starting the design program. Thanks Tom.
June 25, 2012 at 6:59AM     
Simpson Design Group Architects
July 11, 2013 at 3:22PM     
I need a reasonably priced DC Interior Designer. Any recommendations?
I have an entire row house to furnish. Any recommendations...
Butcher block VS quartz counter tops in kitchens
My daughter is trying to figure out if she should buy...
Office Space
I'm trying to decide what do do with this space. I'd...
Bathroom up do
Moving on to the next room. I need a paint color for...
Dividing "bonus" room
I need help with dividing our very large, very awkward...