What colors should I use with gray?
jjewelz
June 24, 2012 in Design Dilemma
My bedroom is of medium size with two large windows. I really want to use gray on the walls, but I can't decide what other colors I should use. I've had a blue bedroom for as long as I can remember, and I wanted to switch to a more sophisticated look with reds, yellows, whites, grays, and blacks. But the more I look, the more I like. I fell in love with a room on this website with light blues, greens, and grays. I also liked deep purple. Help! I'm having an indecision problem.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
michigammemom
I love this soothing monochromatic gray bedroom with silvery blue accents.
June 25, 2012 at 3:46am   
nevska
Apparently grey goes well with pretty much anything, yellow red or blue. You can add colour by placing some cushions and throws on your bed, that way you can try all the colours you like and see what suits your taste.good luck!
June 25, 2012 at 4:24am   
PRO
SPKCreative Abstract Art www.spkcreative.com
Others may disagree with me, but I'm not a fan of yellow or green with gray. Orange works best with charcoal gray or silver. White, silver, black if you're going dark, blue-based reds, most blues, most purples and blue-based pinks like fuchsia and hot pink look good with all grays. You could paint the room (don't forget the ceiling) in the gray you prefer, then bring in color with linens, lighting and art like "Good Morning" http://www.spkcreative.com/large-multi-view/gallery/1756401-14-89251/Photography/Color/Landscape.html#.T-hti2h970c, "Showstopper" http://www.spkcreative.com/large-multi-view/gallery/1896002-26-89251/Photography/Digital/Floral.html#.T-htoWh970c or

Best,
Shari

spkcreative@gmail.com
www.spkcreative.com
June 25, 2012 at 5:45am   
More Discussions
Help with stair rails
As you can see in the picture, my staircase only has...
Kitchen cabinet color update?
Need to modernize this kitchen! Removing architectural...
I need help with this room!
We are moving to this rental . Im putting a tv above...
Your favourite colour combo?
I'm currently into yellow + grey interiors, it's a...
High ceilings, big wall what to put on wall
A second sitting area off my kitchen. The walls are...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™