7 Rooftop Patios Reach for the Stars. VOTE for your favorite!

Houzz PollsJune 28, 2012
These photos are of some of the most popular rooftop patios on Houzz. Which one would you like to lounge on?

VOTE and let us know what you love about it!

Know another rooftop that deserves attention? Link us up in the comments.
Decor Demon's Loft - decordemon
Modern Rooftop Garden - Harold Leidner Landscape Architects
4: Fair - Laidlaw Schultz architects
NYC Townhouse - Dufner Heighes Inc
Rooftop Patio - Shannon Malone
Outdoor Living Spaces - MW Johnson Photography
Roof Garden - Amber Freda Home & Garden Design
I would have liked to see many more plants in all of them. Only the final "Roof Garden" had much greenery. There are some lovely views and fun furniture choices, but in a rooftop patio I want the surprise of a garden. All that sunshine needs to be put to good use!
4 Likes    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 10:02AM
Isabella Garrucho Fine Art
The NYC Townhouse is just lovely (perfect balance and looks oh so comfortable)! Some outdoor sculptural art always adds a unique flair and elegance to a space.
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 10:04AM
Anita Roll Murals
I love Decor Demon and Modern Rooftop. So many fun elements with Decor Demons choices. The painted rug, table with chandelier, pops of red all make it funky and fun. Modern Rooftop with all that I see in the foreground and background looks to be a great gathering place for many occasions. Spectacular view as well.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 10:13AM
Jamieson
I voted NYC Townhouse. Comfortable, plant life, fireplace...plus, plus, plus!
3 Likes    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 10:26AM
I voted for the NYC Townhouse too. I love that it feels like an extension of the adjacent space, plus the fireplace...plus it feels like the edge is wide and higher than some, which I now realize probably means I have a latent fear of heights. ha.
2 Likes    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 10:29AM
stevensbelle
A water view makes everything better :-)
1 Like    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 10:34AM
momof5x
I voted Modern Rooftop Garden: It is stunning, warm, romantic, beautiful scenery, TV even and the lighting- it is very nice.
    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 11:23AM
magnolian
I voted for the NYC townhouse as well. Although, I would love to see a photo of a more practical rooftop patio for those of us who have wind issues. Most furnishings typically shown would not stand up to any real wind gusts.
    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 11:38AM
Reico Kitchen & Bath
I voted for Outdoor Livings Spaces but I love them all! Nothing beat the outdoors, especially the wide open view space of the one I picked. Ready to get outside right now!
    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 11:50AM
jamiecupp
How do you attach the deck to the roof without making holes in the roofing material? We are having a TPO system roof installed on our building that is like a swimming pool liner and I can't fill it with holes. Clue me in.
    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 12:09PM
zidog
this was tough, not because I loved them all but because they all seem to be lacking in different elements. I voted for NYC because it looks the most inviting overall. The furniture is relaxed and comfortable looking, there are some plants, and a fireplace. I liked Fair because it had the water feature, plants and the fireplace, but I'm not a fan of the lack of seating and the two chairs looking kind of uncomfortable, and a nice smooth surface for bare feet would be better. I also liked the views of Rooftop Patio, and I liked the plantings in Roof Garden. My ideal roof top would have everything. Views, comfortable and plentiful seating and lounging, fire, water, tons of plants, a smooth floor, if room allowed a dining table AND lounging area would be great. In certain climates it would be fantastical to have some way of covering and/or enclosing the space during crappy weather. Oh, and I know it's not always possible because of the weight and flood potential but a hot tub would be first on my list for the rooftop, if it were allowed. Just keepin' the dream alive y'all!
    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 12:38PM
Christine Burgess
I liked the NYC townhouse mainly because of the color combinations of furniture, sky, plants and view.
1 Like    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 12:46PM
Karen Noble
The green brings a touch of nature to the area...
    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 1:04PM
DWYER DESIGN
nyc townhouse one defines an outdoor room space- it looks like a place to hang out with friends the other ones are too spars or too busy. I do like the use of succulents in the marina del mar one, but it lacks definition of the space.
    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 4:11PM
Autumn Barnum
NYC Townhouse looks very cozy; I would never have guessed it was in a big city. Anyway that is why I liked it best. Cozy; inviting and private
    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 5:57PM
Susan Mills Design
zidog I have to agree with you that all of them have loads to love but I felt they also lacked certain elements, I voted for Modern but did not like the long table which makes dining for two rather strained and the benches did not look comfy for long leisurely dining either.
    Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 9:55PM
Diann
NYC Townhouse has my vote. Such a inviting place to sit and chill . Very comfortable looking love it. 2nd choice would be roof garden its more laid back , love the plants 3rd choice would be Modern roof top. Love the table and punch of color with the orange but not crazy about the benches once again. Although they are very nice I just happen to like chairs instead
    Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 12:52AM
Marie Meko, Allied ASID
Roof Garden did it for me because i loved being surrounded by the greenery. I think it would still look great on those cold New York nights as well as the summer,
Marie
    Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 3:36AM
P & A Consultants
Love the Dufner Heighes Patio only wish the furniture could be of a kind that could withstand the wet weather eg. Bamboo, Cane etc. where one need not bother about the Rain & Snow. Otherwise the design & concept is a beauty.
    Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 6:33AM
Emmy
I choose the Modern Rooftop Garden. I love the modern style combined with the plants in the same style. It's also handy that the seating area is covered when it rains. The colors are fun and there also a plasma. It's actually a fun balcony while it's modern. I like that you have privacy on the balcony and the view with all the city lights is also beautiful.
    Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 8:55AM
bfergie
I think outdoor spaces should look like your outside, which is why I chose the roof garden. Greenery is the outdoors. Otherwise, I could sit inside and look at a nice view from my cozy couch without the bugs.
    Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 8:57AM
Jason Shepard
None of the above. I would much prefer a nice, simple rooftop deck in Greece with a view of the water (although I'd want to add a little greenery around the edges). I don't need fancy; I need cozy and intimate: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-24p1XS8FL9I/TbGmvA_7YNI/AAAAAAAABLU/BtAQXkvRPX0/s1600/Picture+18.png
1 Like    Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 12:37PM
mommaetta
Loved the garden feel. Would have loved to see some type of sun shade.
    Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 1:05PM
Annie Thornton
I would love to spend some time in any of these patios, but I still think the entire Fair Project from Laidlaw Shultz will take my vote.
    Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 2:20PM
Liza Hausman
Missing my favorite rooftop!
Private Residence - Modern Rooftop Garden · More Info
    Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 5:45PM
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
NYC Townhouse has great modern color and looks cohesive to the interior space.
    Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 7:30PM
britchic
Would have liked to see more creative shade options
    Bookmark   July 3, 2012 at 8:08AM
Curb appeal dilemma (let's call it a challenge..)
Hi there! We're far from finished restoring and refurnishing...
rinqreation
Feeling crazy with throw pillow confusion! Please vote!!
Hey guys..need your help and vote because you guys...
Sarah Strang
OLLD 6/1
Morning all! Am I first? I can't believe that!
POLL: Farm or Castle?
If you had to choose between them, would you live on...
POLL: Household TVs
Fall TV is right around the corner! As you prepare...
Houzz Polls
Any suggestions for window treatments for over door windows triangle s
Windows are triangle over the door and need treatments...
Bobby Dorsett
Bathroom Remodel
We are redoing our master bath which is a 3/4 bath...
jann35
Drapes
Master bedroom help what to do. Window looks off centered....
gdulcich
backsplash ideas??
Im getting bianco antico granite, dark espresso cabinets...
daniellerohm
What is wrong with this picture?
I love this wallpaper. Is the size of the mirror wrong?...
lyndao