What color hardware do we use on our cream colored glaze kitchen cabinets?
smelling
Hi! We need some advice. Our kitchen cabinets are cream with a brown suttle glaze, while our island and butler's pantry is a rich chocolate brown. What color hardware should be used? Many say oil rubbed bronze but I'm wondering if this is a trend that will go out as fast as it came. We were thinking possibly a brushed nickel or antique pewter but are really stuck with this decision. Please help! Thank you!
Chroma Design
I don't feel that oil rubbed bronze hardware is a trend. Choosing a shape that is timeless will ensure you love them for years to come. ORB seems like a smart choice for your cabinetry.
July 6, 2012 at 5:03pm     
smelling
Thanks for the info Chroma Design!
July 6, 2012 at 5:32pm     
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
I love oil rubbed bronze too, but it's not the only colour that would look nice. Is your faucet going to be shiny chrome and will your sink be a bright stainless (and your appliances too?)... If so, you can never go wrong with chrome hardware which will add some nice sparkle and light reflection.
July 6, 2012 at 7:20pm   
smelling
Our faucet and appliances are the stainless steel. The faucet is not shiny. Thanks for commenting! :)
July 6, 2012 at 8:13pm   
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
You're very welcome. What you might do is choose a selection of hardware and bring them home on approval, so you can see how they look in your kitchen before buying all the pieces you need.
July 6, 2012 at 8:15pm   
smelling
That's a great idea Cynthia! I am definitely going to do that. Thanks again!
July 6, 2012 at 8:43pm     
Chandani
I think Cynthia's suggestion is a good one. There are also hardware choices that use a mix of materials. The ones I chose for our kitchen reno were brushed nickel and chrome.
July 6, 2012 at 8:44pm     
Susan Mills Design
If you have a glaze on your cabinets they must have some profile detail to them as well? I always like to see that profile repeated on the hardware, for example a shaker door with handles and knobs that are more squared and traditional cabinets with a rounded edge to them. I love ORB for the fact that the well made ones also show this detail as the bronze shows up on the edges. I do not think they are a fad as with kitchens such as yours they truly fit.
July 6, 2012 at 9:19pm     
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
One more vote for oil rubbed bronze. I like ORB with cream cabinets. Also, ORB does not show finger prints as much as nickel or chrome. Good luck with your project. Charmean Neithart
July 6, 2012 at 10:13pm     
karen paul interiors
They show no dirt, grime grease, fingerprints or dried jelly :) Easy on the eye. Not a trend. A great mixer with other materials. Oil Rubbed Bronze
July 6, 2012 at 10:19pm     
smelling
I'm thinking that you all have convinced me on the ORB. Now I must convince my husband. Thanks everyone!!!
July 7, 2012 at 6:54am   
maryfran54
I have the same question only my cabinets are white, with no glaze. Island is dark espresso. Sink is a granite material which is a creamy color. I like the pewter handles. Haven't picked the faucet out yet. Refrigerator will have panels as will the dishwasher. Double ovens are stainless and so is the cooktop. Do you think pewter would look good?
October 17, 2012 at 5:02pm   
Mint Design
I suggest pewter or brushed nickel unless your kitchen is rustic.
October 17, 2012 at 5:07pm   
Susan Mills Design
maryfran is your kitchen contemporary? It sounds as though it is, you may find brushed nickel choices more in keeping and pewter a bit more rustic. Check out Restoration Hardware's hardware choices, there are many to pick from.
October 17, 2012 at 7:37pm   
maryfran54
No it is not rustic at all. I just don't like ORB handles. I do like chrome.
October 17, 2012 at 8:26pm   
olldcan
I'd go chrome and I think ORB took a one way ticket out...like yesterday
October 17, 2012 at 8:32pm   
lkwenger
I ordered the cream cabinets with the choc. brown glaze trim. We ordered victorian delta faucets in stainless, which is like their brushed nickel. (The plumbing design store recommended this for this type of cabinet but I was considering ORB. ) The counters are tan with the one piece tan sinks. Tile has the pecan taupe stone/glass trim. Do I match the faucets or go with a weathered iron, or ORB knob?
August 6, 2013 at 4:32pm   
Ideas for dated kitchen in old cape cod
Hi everyone, Awesome site first of all. My fiancé...
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
Those other walls?
I think I'm going to do an accent wall in my girls...
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...
Quelle serait le style de votre cuisine du rêve ?
Moderne, rustique, contemporaine ? Quel est, selon...