Need help updating retro-contemporary 60's post and beam home kitchen, flooring and wood ceiling...
commonsense21
We are getting read to close escrow on a 60's post and beam home in LA and we need help with the kitchen and flooring. The kitchen cabinets, which are painted a very light gray/white, look okay from a distance, but not up close. They have been painted too many times. It has been suggested that we replace them with espresso shaker cabinets, change the handles to long contemporary brushed nickel and add a light to medium gray leather finish counter top in either mystic gray or a quartz product. We want everything to be low maintanence., We are also thinking of using a slate gray back splash. change the floor to a light natural/taupe/ gray colored hand brushed hardwood. Also, we would sand the cedar ceiling which has ambered quite a bit and perhaps give it a light matte overglaze so that it blends with the floor..
We love retro contemporary grays and taupes and are grateful for any help doing this on budget! Thank you!
TanCalGal
I'd clean up & retain the terra cotta flooring. Terra-cotta tiles can be stained if you hate the natural color. Once I saw them stained gray. Even designer Vincent Wolf has stained them for projects (see here http://www.vicentewolfblog.com/random/ask-vicente-terracotta-tiles/ ) Espresso cabinets will darken the area. Buy a black bed sheet and hold it up to the cabinets and see if you really want to go that dark on cabinetry.
0 Likes   July 9, 2012 at 12:59PM
Need help with retro-contemporary 60's post and beam home
We are getting read to close escrow on a 60's post...
commonsense21
Need some help/inspiration updating my newly purchased 60's home
Hey all, I need some help and insight into what might...
Chris Paltzat
Need help to update 60s kitchen.
Mother in law changed counter tops to granite and need...
Theresa Price
Need help choosing wall color and flooring in 50's retro kitchen
The kitchen opens to the living room and even though...
retrochick1
Help update my 60s kitchen!
Hi we just moved into my boyfriends grandmas house...
Deandra Stachura
Need help with kitchen island color
Help! Cabinets are getting painted alabaster white,...
klekas65
Replacing carpet with wood...but which wood?
I'd like to remove this grey carpet and put down wood...
Asad Goodarzy
Need help with living room decor/storage
I need help with new storage/shelf solutions in our...
Ditte Christiansen
Dining room design - continued
Hey everyone! Happy holidays! You guys have been great...
immunigirl
decision as to which side of house to open up
I bought a 1947, 1 - 1/2 storey home with stairs almost...
sclalande