This corner is heaven. Is the floor concrete? What material are the white walls?
missyme
July 8, 2012 in Photo Questions
TreHus Architects+Interior Designers+Builders
Thanks! The owners were very happy with the room. Yes, the floor is acid-stained concrete. The walls are just normal 1/2" drywall, painted white. One of the ideas behind the island in the craft room is that especially messy projects can be done there, where cleanup is easy on the stainless steel top. Even if we had put some sort of super durable material on the walls (which would have raised costs too), paint splashes and messy fingers could still have stained it, or we would have had to make all of the walls a darker color, drastically changing (and maybe ruining) the aesthetic of the space. so crafts can be done at the built-in desks, but messy tasks like finger painting should be done at the island.
July 9, 2012 at 8:15AM   
missyme
Thank you for not only sharing your work, but sharing the thought process behind decisions. Love this corner - desk tops relate to the island legs, coordinating stainless elements - just a wonderful design.
July 9, 2012 at 3:01PM   
lynndevlieg
I love everything about it. Light filled, durable surfaces, room to spread out over multiple workstations, great storage, the dark band of shelving to unify the space. Fabulous.
July 18, 2012 at 8:43AM     
11434
Great room! Can you tell me where the table is from?
March 6, 2013 at 2:49PM     
This dining room is holding me hostage ...
... I can't walk by this room without stopping to stare...
Color ideas for a-frame house
Just bought this new home and hate the color we have...
Flooring for a T-shaped living area
My Manhattan apartment has a T-shaped living area....
new patio for a townhouse yard
Just looking for an inexpensive way to make my townhouse's...
Help me pick a paint color for this kitchen
We bought a house with this kitchen. I can't figure...