Who manufactures this front door ?
lavonne978
July 9, 2012 in Photo Questions
Can anyone tell me where I can find this front entry door with only one row of small glass windows on the top ? Who makes this kind of front door. ( Most of them that I see have two rows ) Thank you.
Huestis Tucker Architects, LLC
Hi Iavonne, The door was purchased from Ring's End Lumber in Darien, CT. I don't remember who the Manufacturer was, but you might find something similar at Simpson Doors or Upstate Doors.
July 9, 2012 at 6:02AM     
lavonne978
Thank you. Beautiful door with matching color of shutters.
Can you also tell me where I can buy shutters ? Are they wood or composites? They look beautiful. Thank you so much. ( I would like to create the same look like your home, but with black door and black shutters ) Thank you so much for your reply.
July 9, 2012 at 8:48AM   
Huestis Tucker Architects, LLC
Thank you very much. The shutters are wood...cedar. Don't use pine, they will rot quickly. I like Shuttercraft because they are local....www.shuttercraft.com. But you can google wood shutters to find many companies that make them. Also its critical to use shutter hardware and mount the shutters over the trim for a more authentic look. Shutters look terrible when they are nailed to the siding.
July 9, 2012 at 12:17PM     
lavonne978
Oops, I didn't see your answers , so I guess I asked the question twice. Sorry. Thank you so much.
November 10, 2012 at 10:37AM   
lavonne978
Really? Wow, I didn't know Shutters look terrible when they are nailed to the siding... Thank you for the information.
One more question, do you like the ledge for the windows ? Personally I don't. But my contractor told me if it's made like a picture frame, it doesn't look like a window.. Thank youl
November 10, 2012 at 10:41AM   
Huestis Tucker Architects, LLC
Hi lavonne,
I agree with your contractor! If you are going for a traditional look, a window needs a sill inside and outside...picture framing the window, (where the moulding on the bottom is the same as the moulding on the sides) looks really wrong.
All the best,
Jennifer
www.huestistucker.com
November 12, 2012 at 7:33AM   
Making room for curtains? What are rules for window treatments?
I hate how my builder put my windows right next to...
Need advice on chandelier for dining room
We just moved into our home in April and I'm hoping...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
BABY Girl Nursery PAINT color
Hello dear houzzers, I'm stuck on what color pink...
Help with poor tile choice
Can you paint glass backsplash tile. Our choice was...