Paint Colors
marq50
July 10, 2012 in Photo Questions
What colors are we viewing? The are beautiful.
andreafn
Ragan, could you please tell me the name and brand of the colors being used here ?
July 19, 2012 at 6:39AM     
kathandrea
I'm going to try and replicate this. Love the colors. Just purchased Benjamin Moore Chameleon #526 it looks very similar and for the thick stripe I'm using Medieval Times # 530. still undecided about the thin brown stripe....may go a little darker like an expresso.
July 20, 2012 at 4:29PM   
kathandrea
I also found a similar rug at Pottery Barn.
July 20, 2012 at 4:31PM   
Ragan Corliss
I always advise people that they should not start with the paint colors when decorating a room, because it's much more difficult to match other decorating elements to paint colors such as fabrics, artwork and area rugs. Where as paint colors can be matched to anything. The paint colors can also look different in a room depending on lighting, both natural and electric. Photos can be great starting points for deciding the color scheme that appeals to you, however, photographs typically don't depict the actual paint colors. Consequently, it is dangerous to say you want the exact paint colors that you see in a photo. What else are you putting in the room that has green in it? Artwork, area rugs and fabrics are great starting points for matching up paint colors, and you definitely want to have a design plan before you start painting color.

Here's blog post I wrote on how to ease the process of choosing paint colors... http://devinedecoratingresults.com/2011/03/01/how-to-ease-the-process-of-choosing-paint-colors/

Here's a link to a blog post I wrote on design plans - which you want to have before you start painting...
http://devinedecoratingresults.com/2010/01/16/choosing-your-decorating-style/
August 31, 2012 at 9:57AM   
sbsports23
Ragan,

I see where you give advice about the process of picking paint but I want to replicate this room. Can you please give me the EXACT name of the paint and brand that you used?

Thank you!
January 19, 2013 at 8:58PM     
Please help with window treatment
I started sewing these curtains but I hate the fabric...
Any suggestions for finishing my kitchen/living room
Hi all! I have been working on my kitchen for a while...
stair kicks and base board design
hi houzzers - need your opinion and suggestions please!...
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
Foyer light
I have a 40" silver colored orb light, chandelier in...