Tile framed wall mirror
sonea
I just staged a home with a small bathroom that needed a large mirror. I bought a 1/4" plate glass mirror (no bevel) and small square glass feature tiles from Home Depot. I first laid the mirror and tiles out on the floor exactly how I wanted it to be on the wall. Then, I had the mirror professionally cut down to the exact size needed to accommodate my tile border without having to cut any tiles. I nailed a 2 X 4 to the wall to mark where the bottom of the mirror would be, to support the mirror temporarily. Then, I glued the mirror to the wall with Mastik (with another person's help). I let it set overnight, bracing the top of the mirror in place with a make-shift 2 X 4 knee brace. The next day, I adhered the tiles in place, and when that was dry, grouted the tile.
There were lots of positive comments about it by potential homeowners and realtors.
Looks fantastic! Another option I would choose especially if you are selling the home in the near future and it is less time consuming is put a wood frame around the mirror, but the way you have it adds more character to the bathroom. Great job.

July 11, 2012 at 6:01am   
cckujawski
This looks great, I would like to do that!
September 7, 2012 at 11:16am   
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Depth Dilemma - Fridge doesn't fit!
Our issue is how to get the cabinets flush without...
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...
winter carnival by wilsonart
Does anyone else have winter carnival in their kitchen?...