Tile framed wall mirror
sonea
July 11, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I just staged a home with a small bathroom that needed a large mirror. I bought a 1/4" plate glass mirror (no bevel) and small square glass feature tiles from Home Depot. I first laid the mirror and tiles out on the floor exactly how I wanted it to be on the wall. Then, I had the mirror professionally cut down to the exact size needed to accommodate my tile border without having to cut any tiles. I nailed a 2 X 4 to the wall to mark where the bottom of the mirror would be, to support the mirror temporarily. Then, I glued the mirror to the wall with Mastik (with another person's help). I let it set overnight, bracing the top of the mirror in place with a make-shift 2 X 4 knee brace. The next day, I adhered the tiles in place, and when that was dry, grouted the tile.
There were lots of positive comments about it by potential homeowners and realtors.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Dytecture
Looks fantastic! Another option I would choose especially if you are selling the home in the near future and it is less time consuming is put a wood frame around the mirror, but the way you have it adds more character to the bathroom. Great job.

July 11, 2012 at 6:01am   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
cckujawski
This looks great, I would like to do that!
September 7, 2012 at 11:16am   
More Discussions
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Depth Dilemma - Fridge doesn't fit!
Our issue is how to get the cabinets flush without...
POLL: Tiny Houses - Yes or No?
Do you see tiny houses and long to pitch your belongings...
winter carnival by wilsonart
Does anyone else have winter carnival in their kitchen?...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™