need help with my apt open plan layout for kitchen dining living space
julia
I have a dark olive green sectional (shape curve 1/4 circle) Also have a dining set in black metal with glass top table .Ceiling is wood with rafters beams painted white. I want to know color to paint walls, color for kitchen cabinets and other accents colors to make the space sophisticated, Live in a warm sunny climate, so want to keep the space bright .
Annette Clark
what do you have on your floors?
July 15, 2012 at 9:38AM   
julia
the floor is a porcelain tile with flecks of natural, beige,pale grey - pretty much neutral
July 15, 2012 at 12:21PM   
julia
The tiles are approx 18 x 18.
The kitchen cabinets are unfinished, so I am open about both paints or stains.. Also need idea for color of countertops
July 15, 2012 at 1:20PM   
julia
hey annette, was looking forward to your ideas
July 30, 2012 at 10:15PM   
karen paul interiors
Could you put up some pictures of the space?
July 30, 2012 at 10:20PM   
Annette Clark
oh, I'm sorry, I am amiss, I'll take a look again after work for any ideas to share!
July 31, 2012 at 5:10AM   
Annette Clark
yes, photos would help especially becasue we don't know exactly how this open concept of rooms runs together, which can pose a challenge. Yet, I think of the combo you have: natural aspects vs sleek/modern aspects: Natural being olive color, natural wood on ceiling & wood cabinets. The sleek modern aspects: black metal with glass top, white beams, light colored smooth porcelain tile. So, keep in mind to balance those aspects: natural vs sleek. MIx them up a bit throughout the areas. U could keep dark olive large furniture from sticking out like a sore thumb, by using an olive color on walls but in a shade just a hint lighter than the furniture. You can lighten/brighten living area with accessories and accents such as white pillows, sheers on windows, (due to white beams), also could bring in sleek with glass/metal candlesticks, black metal curtain rods, this kind of thing....the idea is to pull the natural with the sleek together. Then with olive walls following into kitchen you could go white for wood cabinets which is in keeping with white wood beams. (you can use a white stain which allows the wood grain to show through a bit). It's nice to have a contrasting dark countertop then, and it could be in a natural granite or marble. I'd soften the dining area with a rug under table, might be nice to have an olive "base" in the pattern yet introducing some livelier colors such as deep red and yellows which work well with olive. Beyond that, you could have a table runner to visually soften the glass tabletop, but bring that sleek shine of floor tile and glass top to the backsplash with glass tile there, in varying shades of colors that include olives, neutrals, whites, and any colors you have in the rug and in accessories. Does this help? It is quite difficult without photos. Best wishes. If u include photos i can take another look see.
July 31, 2012 at 8:52AM   
need help with my open plan living space
We just bough a house- we love the open plan - I...
Need Help with Open Plan Kitchen,Living and Dining PLEASE...
Hi, Basically I am in a dilemma and without ideas on...
What colour wallpaper
I'm wondering what kind of wallpaper would look best...
back splash to coordinate with Caesarstone Calacatta Nuvo?
Our kitchen is being installed but I'm stuck as to...
Need help picking out cushions for living room
I'm trying to finish up the living room. Would love...
Toddler's bedroom
I want to convert this bedroom into my daughters room....
Kitchen tiles . Please help
Hi everyone We r remodeling our kitchen and the contractor...