The marble both black and white but especially the black is awesome! Where is it from and what is it called?
benfrye
July 15, 2012 in Photo Questions
thebuilderdepot
The Black marble is Nero Marquina. If you have a good enough supplier (like ourselves) we can actually be specific enough to the amount of white veining in the black tile. The thinner and narrower the white veining the more expensive it becomes.

Nero Marquina gets easily copied by cheap versions of China black. In the last attached images I show a picture of Nero Marquina on the right and China Black on the left.

Now for the white tile, you want a really, really premium white based Italian marble. The only people that can produce and sell that for $7.00SF is The Builder Depot. Our premium white is called Carrara Venato 12x12" polished and is just $7.00SF: http://www.thebuilderdepot.com/cavema12sutipol.html

Our premium Nero Maquina is $7.95SF: http://www.thebuilderdepot.com/blk-12x-pol-prs.html

We could probably sell it for double the price like the retail competition but we are not in the over the top pricing business. We are just trying to make one beautiful Bathroom, Foyer or Hallway one shipment at a time. By producing the best natural stone in the world and selling it direct from quarry to consumer or contractor. One price for all. Visit us online for more information.
0 Likes   February 20, 2014 at 5:02PM
Removing the wall of staircase
We are remodeling a new we just bought and in order...
In the middle of updating my kitchen
My cabinets are light oak and my countertop is by LG...
What can i do to make the exterior of my house look modern?
I have a ranch house built in the 70's. It has white...
Bathroom Tile Help!
I need your advice on choosing tile for our Master...
dining table color to match w/ cherry wood cabinets
I am having trouble buying a right color of dining...