Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
senci

Small Living room

senci
11 years ago
I live in a small living room (basement) with low cielings that is currently painted a semi-dark grey. I have a tan couch and have one wall with a rod across it in which I recently purchased teal panels to hang on. I want to incorporate another color (2 panels in one color 2 in another) Do you think there's too much going on here? What other color can I incorporate. I have a cream rug with black squiggly lines on it, I feel like there's too much going on but have no where else to put the rug. My walls are bare.
VisuaLingual home/HQ · More Info

Comments (3)

• Holly von Huene
    11 years ago
    I believe your instincts are right. There may be a bit too much going on. But I think it's only because you are not narrowing down what you want or desire from your space. You mentioned it's a basement living room. Is there enough light that comes in? Do the ceilings feel too low? If so, visually cluttering your room with lots of patterns and colors may make the place feel smaller and darker than before. But if you are not bothered by this, then it's a different story.

Personally (from what I imagine by your description) I think that the beige and grey and teal make a great color combo alone. But if you want more color, then I would choose one more - something warm like red, yellow, orange or pink - and use it in small amounts via accents.

Have a look at the color palette attached. Maybe it helps :)

Good luck Senci!

(if you need more help, be sure to check out my online interior design services at www.hvhinteriors.com)
  • senci
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you so much for your help, this sounds great. I will use this as a guide!
  • PRO
    Vikrant Sharma Homez
    11 years ago
    I'm with HvH Sugesstions , they are apt for the place .
Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery