Backyard Camping! Yay or No Way?
July 19, 2012 in Polls
Just read this ideabook on Backyard Camping, so I thought I would throw it out to you guys.

Do you do it? If so, any advice?

Ideabook: Discover the Easy Adventure of Backyard Camping

photo credit: Pedlars http://bitly.com/NBnsgD
Yay! See you there!
No Way! I'll be indoors.

SRM Architecture and Interiors
We love this! And here's our favorite tent, which is super-durable and made by a super-cool, local company in Portland, OR: http://beckelcanvas.com/products_view.php?products_id=10
July 19, 2012 at 10:50AM     
michigammemom
I've done plenty of wilderness camping in my day, but prefer to sleep in a comfy bed without the company of biting insects.
July 19, 2012 at 11:01AM     
houssaon
Who is watching the camp fire?
July 19, 2012 at 11:05AM   
I loved backyard camping as a kid, and my friends and I had backyard camping slumber parties frequently. But with a husband who prefers wilderness camping and a teenage son who prefers his own comfy bed, I can't say we do it often these days.
July 19, 2012 at 11:10AM   
We end up doing it about once a year in the backyard and the kids get SO into it. They love reading comic books by flashlights in the tent and seem to recover much faster than the grownups after sleeping on the ground. :)
July 19, 2012 at 11:15AM     
Chonka Interiors
We have had so much fun in the past camping out at our house. Not to mention how romantic it has been. Just my Husband and I. Our two Standard Poodles love to join us. We would sleep out on our viewing deck that overlooks the Bradshaw Mountains in Prescott AZ. The early sunrise and birdies chirpping would wake us all up.
July 19, 2012 at 11:19AM     
Keerthi Naidu
Sad to say, I just can't do it. I need my bed!
July 19, 2012 at 1:37PM     
momof5x
No thank you, nice comfy bed for me! Those look like little creatures on those pillows, perhaps without the pillows!

I remember camping as a kid with a friend, it only lasted a couple of hours as soon as dark streaked the sky we ran indoors haha, we were too busy making sure no creepy crawlers were around before we even sat down ( let alone sleep), instead we just kept finding more and more-finding a worm under a stone did it for me!
July 19, 2012 at 1:48PM   
pcmom1
I recently added a daybed to our gazebo....haven't quite gotten up the courage to sleep out there at night (great in the afternoon!). Reason? Afraid I will wake up to find a skunk or snake on the ground by the bed.
July 19, 2012 at 3:13PM     
snowhite84
ABSOLUTELY! I dont know whats not to like about a stay-cation. My hubby is an outdoors guy and threw up a tent last summer to enjoy a night out. I think its a great way to have a cheap and fun night.
July 20, 2012 at 12:57AM     
arbuss
YES! We live along the creek in Pennsylvania. Of course, my boys LOVE to sleep outside in the tent. It's not often, which makes it even more special. The best part.....cooking breakfast outside the next morning! Everyone should try it at least once!
July 20, 2012 at 9:41AM     
Sheila Schmitz
Camping in the backyard is the best kind of camping. You can stuff a futon in the tent, and a nice bathroom and kitchen (read: hot showers and coffee in the morning) are just steps away.
July 20, 2012 at 9:51AM     
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC.
I wish camping in the backyard would satisfy my family. They are camping purists and want to be far away from civilization (and a clean bathroom). This makes me fish out of water because I just can't stand to be away from running water and a hot shower. Actually, I'm a total liability on a camping trip. I stay home on family weekend camping trips (2x/ per year) and the kids go with my husband for some great (daddy time). I think I could stomach camping in the backyard.
July 20, 2012 at 2:00PM   
gigibaby
I live in Texas, given the fact that fire ants are every where they want to be,and the other bugs are where they want to be, indoors is better. Plus, the heat, it's been 100 plus degrees for the last few weeks, our summer here started in March !
July 22, 2012 at 8:08PM   
poptart714
I have the best memories from backyard camping as a kid! A must for every family!
July 22, 2012 at 8:18PM   
Passacantando Architects AIA
This is great! Needs a decent sleeping mat on the ground. This looks similar to a Civil War Reenactment.
July 22, 2012 at 8:19PM   
Reico Kitchen & Bath
We camp anywhere we can find room for the tent - backyard, campsite, woods. It's all good!
July 23, 2012 at 4:54AM   
Dawson & Clinton
As a kid it made for some great memories. I remember the countless times my dad and grandpa snuck out trying to scare us in the middle of the night...in retrospect middle of the night was probably around 10:30 ;)
July 31, 2014 at 3:39PM   
River Valley Cabinet Works
I couldn't vote either way because I have done the first while wishing I was doing the second.

@Charmean- How could you? It's all for one and one for all..."daddy time" indeed.Hah Hah
July 31, 2014 at 9:03PM   
Curt D'Onofrio
My disclosure statement. At my current age, i admit not doing any out door camping...but in my growing up years did tons of it....good memories
August 1, 2014 at 12:31AM   
glschisler
We kids did it growing up. Mom yell at us to stop talking & go to sleep 'cause we were keeping the neighbors awake. This is all before a/c of course.:)
August 3, 2014 at 9:53AM   
Hardware suggestions
Having trouble picking hardware. Planning on dark bronze...
carrara marble
Is carrara marble o.k. to use on kitchen counters or...
What color should I be?
I found this free Armoire and I am considering painting...
Need Help With Renovation and a Color Scheme Please Help!
My mother and I are trying to renovate our family house...
Height of Pendant Light over Kitchen Sink
I have an 8 foot ceiling and need help figuring out...