Ergonomic Options - Traditional to Transitional Style
emg609
I'm looking for a sofa - must be ergonomic - that will fit the style of my new living room (traditional). Any suggestions?
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
What is your definition of ergonomic? Do you mean that it's comfortable for you in particular? or for people in general? Are you trying to source a sofa that is to suit someone with health issues like a bad back or an arthritic hip or something?

Your question would be more easily answered if we knew better what you wanted to know. However, I suggest that since your concerns are specific you really need to go to a high quality furniture showroom and get some advice. Then you can sit on the pieces they recommend and know for certain what will be right for you.

Some manufacturers offer different options for seating. Their cushions can be extra firm, firm, medium, or soft or down and feather-filled. It can be the same sofa but depending on the cushions chosen it will feel completely different. This requires expert guidance specifically in consultation with you personally.

The style is the last thing you need to address. Once you find a sofa that feels right, then the styling can be selected. Choose the arm style, the number of seat cushions, whether you want it skirted or not, the leg style, and of course the fabric.

If you live in range of Burlington, Ontario, I would be happy to meet you at my Trade Only resource centre where there are samples of dozens of excellent upholstered pieces on the floor for you to try out.

Cynthia
ctaylorluce@cogeco.ca
www.ctaylor-luce.com
   July 24, 2012 at 8:28PM
Choosing a siding color for our house
We are replacing the siding and want something that...
ideas for my bathroom and stairs
hi i am just moving to new house ..and i found the...
Shelving in exposed brick alcove
Hi folks, does anyone have advice about putting shelves...
Can I fit an island in my small kitchen?
My kitchen dimensions is 11 by 10..5 feet and I have...