Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anna_likakis

NEED HELP WITH TV STAND

Anna Likakis
11 years ago
I WANT TO MAKE A NEW TV STAND FOR MY NEWLY PURCHASED FLAT TV. I HAVE TRIED ALL POSSIBILITIES AS FAR AS THE SOFAS ARE CONSIDERED, BUT WITH NO LUCK. THE LIVING ROOM IS KIND OF SMALL AND THE ONLY PLACE I CAN PUT THE TV STAND IS BETWEEN THE WINDOW AND THE BALCONY DOOR..MANY THANKS IN ADV

Comments (12)

• V C
    11 years ago
    Why not wall mount it between the two windows?
  • Anna Likakis
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    What do you mean wall mount?????
  • mnorwood
    11 years ago
    agree, mount on wall bet two windows, have a frame made for it like
    it is wall art.
  • V C
    11 years ago
    wall mount = hang it on the wall...like this....but not so high as this one..Keep the bottom of the TV in line with the window ledge..or go a bit higher and place a shelf underneath in line with the window ledge
  • tonypony55
    11 years ago
    Find an old cabinet and remove top drawer to accommodate equipment
  • Anna Likakis
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    i'm sorry but probably my description wasn't right.the right position of tv is on the right side of the picture, meaning the right big balcony door and the the window of the right side. we are painting the house that's why the tv is there (temporarily), my sofa goes there.....
  • V C
    11 years ago
    oh..that changes things somewhat!....what is in the rest of the room...what is that cabinet we see close to the balcony?...is this kitchen and living room combined?
  • Anna Likakis
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    yes it's kitchen and living room all in one. the cabinet that toy see it's a calorific stove it's permanent i can not remove it. my options are not alot as you can see
  • turnerc3
    11 years ago
    From your photo, it appears children play in this room.

Wall mount your TV for the SAFETY of the children who could easily unbalance the TV causing it to fall/hit children and end the life of your TV.
    Check your owner's manual for TV. It should have proper specs regarding type of wall mount you should buy.

Once TV is mounted....place a table or chest ( maybe with drawers for added storage) under the TV. This will keep the TV from looking like it's floating in space. Table or chest/console should be wider than TV.

For proper height to mount...you can Google info for proper viewing height..so you don't get a pain in the neck :)

Good luck with your renovation.
  • V C
    11 years ago
    I think the problem is that you have no where to mount the TV for comfortable viewing due to the position of the sofas. Is changing the sofa an option...looks like a sectional/corner L shaped couch could work much better for you in this room rather than having 2 seperate ones.
  • Anna Likakis
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    buying a corner couch is not that easy. so i really need to find a solution with the couches that i already have...
  • V C
    11 years ago
    Sorry Anna...but I don't see that you have many options here.Have you tried angling the sofa between the balcony door and the window...you would still be able to see the TV if it was mounted on that wall as we suggested....agreed not as comfortably as viewing straight on...but really with both sofas its a reall challenge.Do you really need both sofas...could you trade one for an arm chair instead perhaps...or keep one sofa for comfortable adult viewing and get a beanbag or the likes for child viewing...can be hidden away easily ina corner behind the sofa....just a few thoughts