Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wowang

I have two contemporary club chairs by Vogal. They need reupholstering.

wowang
11 years ago
I really don't have a room picked out for them. so I need a perfect pick to accent any room. I am single with a living room that has red walls(tasteful) tan leather couch, chocolate brown leather rocker recliner and a tan microfiber chaise. Dark wood floors and almost white trim. I have a unfurnished basement that may become a day care or a tenants apartment or my kids move back in. So for such an expensive job on the chairs I need to choose somethiiing??? Timeless?
Traditional Patio · More Info

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Vikrant Sharma Homez
    11 years ago
    Use Leather , even when its worn out its still strong ! value for Money .
  • wowang
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    i guess i should have said i need it to be very inexpensive. single mom and all.
  • PRO
    Homescapes
    11 years ago
    You can use cotton fabric material, which can add style statement and is not going to be expensive, but that is not really going to be time less. So, you can also try with faux leather finishes which looks good and are affordable too.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    You have to watch leather and faux leather because sometimes when you sit on the cushions the air puffs out in an embarrassing manner (!!)... they can be almost airtight, depending on the skill of your upholsterer. There are some inexpensive yet very durable faux-suedes that would be economical. There are some that have nanotechnology which means that spills and drips can be easily mopped up, even mustard and red wine. In that case you could choose an off white which would look beautiful with the frames, and would go into any space in the future. If you want to source some fabric through me, I could be of assistance. My email address is below.

Cynthia
    www.ctaylor-luce.com
    ctaylorluce@cogeco.ca
  • wowang
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    you are absolutely right. Come to think of it I have had a kitchen set that did that exact thing. We had them reupholstered in fabric after the kids grew up. We couldn't place blame on those kids anymore. So I guess I am thinking cream fabric or chocolate. When I say timeless I am thinking more like easy to drop into any space. I'd love them as accent chairs. Reds would be great... but it seems I should play safe and go gream or brown.
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    Yes, I'd really recommend waiting until you know where they're going to go. It's hard to go bold or interesting when they have to work ANYWHERE! LOL

Good luck. By the way, brown would be way too boring. Brown on brown? noooo!
  • PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    11 years ago
    You're very welcome. Feel free to ask again when you know where they're going! :)