I love this kitchen
shelb14
July 28, 2012 in Photo Questions
We bought a 1970's colonial and we're gutting the kitchen. Can you tell me what brand/doorstyle/color these are? Are they full overlay or frameless? Also, I'm wondering what brand of appliances you've used. Thanks!
dmcd
Thanks so much! These are Schuler New Haven cabinets in White Icing, which in our house came out as a nice, soft pure (but not stark) white. We bought the cabinets at Lowes at one of their big sales. They are full overlay but not frameless, and they are semi-custom. The kitchen molding is custom, made to match the original house molding which you can see on the arch facing the camera lens. The contractor painted the kitchen molding with the cabinet paint (Schuler sells extra paint kits). The appliances - GE Cafe range, Zephyr hood, and Kitchenaid refrigerator and dishwasher. Our old microwave is hidden in the appliance garage to the right of the refrigerator - we haven't had time to pick out a new one yet. Good luck!
July 28, 2012 at 10:12am     
Debbie Griffith
We have ordered the same cabinets and I hope they look as nice in our home. I would love to put a farm/apron sink in as well. Did you order the special sink base or alter the regular one?
September 25, 2012 at 5:20am     
dmcd
Yes, I ordered the special sink base and the Kohler Whitehaven "dropped in" nicely - it took just 20 minutes to get the sink all set! My contractor was pleased with the cabinet and the sink. Good luck!
September 25, 2012 at 11:04am   
mc16881
Hi!
First of all, I love what you did with your kitchen! It's pretty much the color palate of what we're doing with ours, which is also a complete gut! Ours is a galley style so a tad different but we have the same window/sink arrangement and I wanted to ask did you use the white whitehaven or did you go with one of the off whites??? I'm trying to make that decision myself at the moment :)
Thanks for your time and great job!
May 20, 2014 at 8:05am   
dmcd
Thanks, mc16881! We used the White Whitehaven after much deliberation ;-) You can request samples - the samples really helped because depending on the natural light and colors, a white can look very different. I lined up everything in my dining room (which is now open to the kitchen) and stared at all the samples for a few days in different light, trading out door, sink, tile samples, etc. until I got the feel and look I wanted. BTW, the paint colors are BM Healing Aloe (in the kitchen and mudroom), and BM Stone Hearth everywhere else.
May 20, 2014 at 8:44am   
mc16881
Did you get the samples from Kohler? Our cabinets are going to be custom made so I'm still working with a blank slate. But your pictures helped immensely as we don't want to get an off white that will compete with the white of the cabinets and of course they'll never quite match. Additionally we're probably going to go with a color (possibly green) subway tile back splash and hence don't want to many colors mixing :)
May 20, 2014 at 10:39am   
dmcd
Yes, the samples were from Kohler - I believe I called them and asked for them. I remember the other white-ish colors being too yellow, too grey etc. for the cabinet color. The Sea Salt color was tempting though! BTW, I also bought the stainless grates that line the bottom of the sink - love them! Good luck with your renovation.
May 20, 2014 at 5:30pm     
mc16881
Thanks for all your help! I ordered the white one, can't wait til it's all finished :)
May 21, 2014 at 4:31am     
What would you do with this awkward entry hall?
This hall is long, narrow and HIGH! Son wants to do...
Sneaking storage into tiny (really tiny!) ensuite bath
We are minimalists, but I can't even see where we can...
Bearing wall dilema
My architect did not figure wall that was to be removed...
Looking at Marble for bath - What's the dif?
I'm re-doing my bath. Want to put marble floors, tub...